San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -2%
2 year growth↓ -9%
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communicator
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Manage building automated support features for customers
- Identify, scope, implement, and track automated support features in-app
- Participate in Weekly Business Reviews with the larger Customer Experience & Integrity team
- Set and track key metrics pertinent to the role
- Work with Product, Design, and Analytics teams
- Experience in a competitive or challenging environment
- SQL and Excel modeling skills
About the Team
As one of DoorDash’s core operations teams, Consumer Experience, ensures that when there are bumps in the last mile, there’s always someone there to help make things right. Our team designs and implements DoorDash’s automated support solutions, with the ultimate goal of delivering an outstanding customer experience as reliably as possible.
About the Role
Our team is looking to hire a Customer Experience Manager to manage building automated support features for our customers while ensuring that Customers obtain the right resolutions. This Manager will own identifying, scoping, implementing and tracking automated support features in-app.
This Manager will work with a large cross-functional team and participate in Weekly Business Reviews with the larger Customer Experience & Integrity team. This role is a great opportunity for an individual that is looking to operationalize Customer solutions and work closely with Product, Design and Analytics teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize. This role will be instrumental in setting the direction of DoorDash’s Consumer Experience, moving swiftly to understand the drivers of delivery defects and build out resolutions to address them.
- Forecast. Through partnering with product and analytics, this role will be responsible for setting and tracking key metrics pertinent to this role.
- Collaborate. While setting the right goals for the cross-functional team, this role will lean in on strategic, cross-cutting projects to ensure success during each quarter.
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over creating the strategy for DoorDash’s Consumer experience. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re organized. You thrive in creating structure out of nothing.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You thrive with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a breadth of disciplines and teams.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re persuasive. You are an effective communicator, speaking as if you’re right and listening as if you’re wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.You have 5+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in a competitive, or challenging environment.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by March 12th, 2024.