As the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down-to-earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the team
We are seeking an IT Audit Director who will build and grow our IT audit function at Turo! This role will contribute to Turo’s mission of putting the world’s 1.5+ billion cars to better use by partnering with our IT, engineering, and data analytics teams to take ownership and actively manage the external IT co-sourcing arrangement, support Turo’s SOX readiness efforts, and assist the VP of Internal Audit in developing the annual audit plan, including the IT risk assessment. This role will report directly to the VP of Internal Audit, and you will work directly with your reporting manager on building processes that allow our technology audit risk and control framework to scale so we can support our growth in a pre-IPO environment.
As a member of the audit and risk team at Turo, you will have the opportunity to work with smart, humble, and down to earth people across the organization solving interesting problems that are disrupting an entire industry. You will develop your professional career at Turo because you will be tasked with providing oversight and input to all information technology internal control audits, conduct individual audits and reviews as necessary, identify changes in the IT environment which would necessitate modifications to the audit plan, and lead special project engagements, including due diligence and reviews of processes under development. The ideal candidate has strong technology audit skills, enjoys collaborating with cross functional team members, is a great communicator, and loves to solve problems in a dynamic, high growth environment.
What you’ll do
- Perform annual IT SOX planning, risk assessment, process walkthroughs, and controls testing to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of key internal controls over financial reporting.
- Preparing IT control deficiency aggregation analysis and reporting to senior management.
- Develop strong professional relationships with external auditors that will involve coordinating walkthroughs and timing of testing as well as providing the auditors with direct assistance in specific areas.
- Develop a flexible, risk-based annual technology audit and assurance plan by understanding risks and trends associated with IT systems (including cloud platforms), cybersecurity, digital transformation initiatives, digital services/products, and emerging technologies.
- Identify, evaluate, analyze, prioritize, and communicate risks and control improvements associated with Turo’s IT, Information Security, and Engineering/digital services organization.
- Summarize and present results to senior leadership and the Audit Committee.
- Work regularly and communicate effectively with IT, Information Security, Data Analytics, and Engineering process owners and senior management to relay findings and recommendations, help drive remediation efforts to closure, advise on control requirements, to be included in the design of new systems, products, and processes, identify trends and insights, and continuously seek opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with other teams at Turo that perform governance, risk, control, and monitoring activities.
- Participate and advise on global Company initiatives in related areas such as enterprise risk management, cybersecurity, cloud governance, data analytics, business continuity planning and disaster recovery, data privacy, and SOC certification.
- Model Turo’s culture and values, and provide leadership direction, coaching and career development to direct reports to drive accountability for performance and results to ensure overall success of the team.
- Stay up to date on IT, cybersecurity, and digital product trends and technologies, and inform senior leadership of emerging trends and best practices in IT governance, risk, and compliance.
- Minimum 12 years of experience with at least six years in a technology audit management role.
- Combination of Big 4 experience and industry experience at a multi-national public company.
- One or more relevant professional certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related degree required.
- Advanced degree (MBA or MS) is a plus.
- IT, cybersecurity, and digital product expertiseAbility to work in a fast-moving, global, and complex company environment, to easily adapt between working independently or collaboratively on a team, to work comfortably in ambiguity on unstructured projects and in a multi-tasking environment.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly evaluate issues, determine root causes, and creatively solve complex problems in a solutions-oriented environment.
- Commitment to quality, willingness to challenge current practice and innovate, and continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience with ERP applications, cloud platform, hybrid cloud architecture, product engineering, application security, agile methodology, and data analytics.
- Familiarity with AuditBoard/SOX Hub is a plus
The San Francisco base salary target range for this full-time position is $210,000 - $251,000 + [bonus] + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d love to meet you.
Aside from an award winningwork environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don’t meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing [email protected].
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.