People Operations Specialist
Posted on 11/30/2023
Developing electric off-road vehicles with enhanced software capabilities.
Potential Motors is a pioneering company in the electrification of off-road vehicles, leveraging electric vehicle architecture to enhance driving experiences and repurpose vehicle functions. Their unique focus on preserving the joy of driving in an increasingly automated industry sets them apart, while their software enhancements offer a competitive edge in off-road capabilities. As a leader in the electric off-road sector, Potential Motors offers a dynamic work environment that values human experience and adventure.
Automotive & Transportation
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -15%
1 year growth↓ -27%
2 year growth↓ -23%
Fredericton, NB, Canada
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
People & HR
- Proven track record in sourcing talent and managing the full recruitment cycle
- Experience in executing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives in Talent Acquisition
- Strong ability to build relationships with educational institutions, community organizations, and industry sectors for talent development and pipeline building
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Adaptable and resourceful in a startup environment
- Passionate about growth and helping people and organizations thrive
- Skilled at managing multiple projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring an exceptional experience for all candidates
- Wear multiple hats in the organization, managing aspects like employee experience, performance management, and HR compliance
- Collaborate with managers to understand and anticipate hiring needs
- Implement innovative sourcing strategies to attract top talent
- Act as a trusted advisor to the team, enhancing organizational capabilities through People Operations expertise
- Experience in the automotive or electric vehicle industry
- Knowledge of off-road industries and their specific needs
- Experience with project management
- Familiarity with HR compliance and regulations
- Experience in community engagement and talent development
You’re passionate about a sustainable future and want to build something special. You want autonomy to own your work and at the same time to work with a talented, like minded team. The pace and scope of bringing an innovative product to market doesn’t scare you - it excites you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Potential Motors is an electric vehicle technology startup focused on developing Off-Road ADAS technologies that enhance driving, optimize vehicle performance, and improve safety across various off-road industries. Our innovative product, Off-Road OS, is tailored to the needs of industries such as off-road vehicles, automotive, mining, and defence.
As electric vehicles (EVs) gain prominence, our intelligent control systems will become increasingly valuable by optimizing energy consumption and extending battery life. We are looking for ambitious individuals to join our mission to make every off-road driver drive like an expert.
The Problem we’re facing
As a growing startup, each hire plays a critical role in the success of our company as we grow. We are going to be hiring at a rate we have never done before, and refuse to compromise on the quality of our candidates, or their experience of our hiring process.
We’ve spent a lot of time figuring out what values and characteristics help people thrive in our culture. Within those boundaries, we will tell you the outcomes we are looking for, and you will have the freedom to own and refine our processes to meet those outcomes however you want.
Here’s where you’ll come in
- Own the Recruitment Process: Manage the end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring an exceptional experience for all candidates. You’ll be the face of Potential Motors to our future talent.
- HR Generalist Responsibilities: Beyond recruiting, you’ll wear multiple hats in the organization, managing various aspects like employee experience, performance management, and HR compliance.
- Talent Pipeline Development: Collaborate with managers to understand and anticipate hiring needs. Implement innovative sourcing strategies to attract top talent.
- Building Relationships: Act as a trusted advisor to our team, enhancing our organizational capabilities through your People Operations expertise.
Who you are
- Adaptable & Resourceful: Thriving in a startup environment, you’re able to handle various People Operations responsibilities with a proactive and positive attitude.
- Passionate About Growth: You are curious about people and organizations, and what makes them thrive. You find joy in helping them grow.
- Project Management Enthusiast: Skilled at managing multiple projects, you’re always looking for new ways to build and retain a robust talent pipeline.
What you’re good at
- Talent Sourcing & Full Cycle Recruiting: Proven track record in sourcing talent and managing the full recruitment cycle.
- EDI Champion: Experience in executing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives in Talent Acquisition.
- Community Engagement: Strong ability to build relationships with educational institutions, community organizations, and industry sectors for talent development and pipeline building.
- Problem Solving: Not afraid to run into a challenge you’ve never seen before, and get creative to find a solution. You know when to just give it a try, and when to ask for help.
Start Date: January 2024
This role is based out of our office in Fredericton, NB.
What it’s like to work with us:
Health benefits plan from day one.
Freedom and flexibility in work-life balance
Clear career progression plans & learning allowance.
Paid Parental Leave
A values-driven workplace and strong founding culture.
Potential Motors is an equal opportunity employer.