Technical Sales Representative-Northeast Region
Updated on 3/29/2023
Providence, RI, USA • Albany, NY, USA • Syracuse, NY, USA • New York, NY...
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biologyor related science
- Minimum three (3) years-analytical equipment experience and/or equivalent Sales experience
- Must be well organized and highly motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple sales opportunities and tasks
- Must possess reasoning ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Must be proficient inMS Office
- Securing orders from existing and potential customers byvisiting client facilitiesandcommunicating by phone/email
- Discovering and developing high revenue opportunities through new and existing business
- Identifying emerging market opportunities
- Charting and implementing short and long-term performance objectives
- Coordinating with various departments, supervisors, and support to achieve performance objectives
- Directing client application requests and timeline constraints
- Participating and networking in local market associations in which customers participate and engage
- Collaborating with regional counterparts and fostering a team environment
- Establishing and maintaining client rapport
- Performing equipment demonstrations as needed and maintaining/safekeeping of demonstration equipment
- Assessing competitive risks and highlighting product strengths
- Administrative work including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining client information in company CRM(Salesforce)
- Filing expense reports in a complete and timely manner
- Preparing business plans for the coverage of territory
- Submitting weekly/monthly activity/call reports
- Tracking monthly forecasts accurately- projecting current and future business
- 50% overnight travelto achieve sales quota, and to meet goals and objectives set for the region
- General knowledge or experience with wet chemistry and organic chemistry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales process
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential