San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 10%
1 year growth↑ 21%
2 year growth↑ 48%
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in a SaaS-based Customer Success or Account Management role
- Experience working with large, complex enterprise-level accounts
- Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders
- Self-motivated, proactive team player
- Driven and process-oriented
- Develop and nurture relationships across a portfolio of strategic customers
- Partner with customers to identify their strategic goals and co-create impact plans
- Execute all phases of the customer journey
- Collaborate with Sales to develop strategic account plans
- Develop and maintain an internal Champion Network or Center of Excellence
- Analyze customer usage to identify trends and drive targeted campaigns
- Serve as the voice of your customers by surfacing key trends and insights
- Travel and meet customers on-site up to 25% of the time
- Prior experience managing a book of high-value customer relationships
- Customer-centric at your core
- Flexible and able to efficiently switch contexts across customer scenarios
Our Customer Success Team is committed to helping customers adopt Asana as a collaborative work management platform. We strive to help all of our customers, across countries, industries, and functions, get the most value out of Asana over time.
We are looking for a Named Customer Success Manager (CSM) to help support and grow our largest and most strategic customers. As a Named CSM, you’ll guide a portfolio of customers to deploy Asana successfully, adopt it widely across their organization, and ensure they continuously gain business value from Asana. By engaging your customers using a consultative approach, you’ll position yourself as a preferred long-term strategic partner and serve as the trusted point of contact across their lifecycle: onboarding, value creation, and renewal. Equipped with the knowledge of what it takes for customers to succeed with Asana, you will serve as the voice of your customers cross-functionally, providing feedback to the Product team and broader business. You’ll exemplify an empathetic, customer-centric perspective to the entire Asana team.
This role is based in our New York City office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. If you’re interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Develop and nurture relationships across a portfolio of strategic customers.
- Partner with customers to identify their strategic goals and co-create impact plans with clear success metrics and engagement strategies.
- Execute all phases of the customer journey; ensuring value through deployment strategies, change management, workflow design, business performance reviews, and roadmap consultations.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop strategic account plans, nurture executive relationships, manage renewals, and explore expansion opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an internal Champion Network or Center of Excellence within the customer’s organization to help foster customer advocacy and facilitate customer testimonials or case studies.
- Analyze customer usage to identify trends and drive targeted campaigns for enhanced engagement and product adoption to proactively identify risks and lead internal teams to create and execute corrective plans.
- Serve as the voice of your customers by surfacing key trends and insights back to R&D and business teams.
- Travel and meet customers on-site up to 25% of the time
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, with at least 5 years of demonstrated success in a SaaS-based Customer Success or Account Management role
- Experience working with large, complex enterprise-level accounts with a focus on the growth and implementation of large-scale technology solutions
- Prior experience managing a book of high-value customer relationships in post-sales or deployment services with the ability to drive customer success and align within complex customer environments at executive and department levels
- Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders, from C-Suite and Asana administrators to functional leaders
- Customer-centric at your core – you’re devoted to ensuring our customers’ success and adoption of Asana and advocate for customers’ needs
- Self-motivated, proactive team player. You are biased for action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment. You’re able to zoom in on most granular details and also zoom out to understand the philosophy of how and why decisions are made
- Driven and process-oriented. You’re able to effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support Asana, the team, and the customer. You’re flexible and able to efficiently switch contexts across customer scenarios
At Asana, we’re committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you’re interested in this role and don’t meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we’re committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $159,000 - $203,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you’re interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you’re interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune’s #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.