San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 12%
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Student Loan Refi team who will help build a cutting-edge technology platform. You will be part of a team that is empowered to make technical decisions.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing new functionality, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. We interact heavily with our business unit, data science, and operations to deliver solutions which allow us to lead the market in making decisions and moving quickly.
The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, with a strong self-starter mentality. You will have opportunities to learn, contribute, and grow on our team. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying, continual improvement and evolution. You’ll face and solve a wide range of challenges: technical, product, and operational, shaping your personal growth and career along the way, as well as using your areas of expertise to grow the capabilities of the rest of the team..
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for full-stack engineers who are comfortable:
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for new product requirements
- Participating heavily in code and design reviews
- Generating ideas and proof of concepts for new initiatives and technologies
- Becoming a domain expert within the Student Loan Refi business
- Working in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment across multiple offices
- Helping foster a learning environment within the team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- Programming experience, ideally on a modern, microservice stack and/or relevant educational or intern experience- Our core stack is Java / Spring / PostgreSQL / AWS
- Ability to work and learn different languages (e.g. - Kotlin, Python) and different frameworks (e.g. - Spring Boot, GraphQL, jOOQ)
- Understanding of REST APIs and relational databases is a great start
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database principles
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Affinity for solving problems and deep-diving into the technically-heavy topics
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Passionate about broadening your technical skill set, trying out new ideas, and demoing your work
Nice to have:
- Good exposure and hands on experience with Microservices design principles and architecture
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially interaction with underwriting, pricing and/or risk.
- Experience with cloud native services, especially AWS services such as DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, SQS, S3, AWS Glue, and/or Athena
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Terraform, and CI/CD
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)