Founded in 2020 by a team of leaders from Braintree, PayPal, and Lending Club, Highnote is an all in one card issuer processor and program management platform. We give digital-first organizations the flexibility to easily issue and process payment cards that accelerate business growth and profitability.
We’ve raised $104M+ and grown our team to 100+ employees. Headquartered in San Francisco, we’ve managed to build one of the most advanced payments teams in the industry, with team members in 22+ US states.
Operating through our core values of customer obsession, executional excellence, intentional inclusion, we’re helping businesses grow for the future by creating the payment products demanded by tomorrow, with the ability to solve for use cases that don’t exist yet.
We are fast-moving, hands-on, and strongly believe everyone deserves a seat at the table. We believe we’re unlocking incredible opportunities that can change the future of payments, as long as we have the right people to make it happen.
Highnote connects merchants and businesses to the most advanced virtual payments platform, and we are just getting started. Our mission is to help merchants and businesses grow by accelerating their digital transformation with innovative virtual payment products. Our infrastructure will be across multiple continents over the new few years to support the ever growing business needs. The core infrastructure team owns the management of GCP, AWS, and various third party cloud services, including all of compute, storage, networking, container orchestration frameworks, and infrastructure pipeline. You will work in a highly collaborative and fast-changing environment, and play a key role in elevating the organization in every aspect of security, stability, and performance of our services.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with other teams to build an infrastructure as a platform that is secure, stable, cost-effective, and most importantly, empowers teams to iterate fast
- Building and maintaining our cloud infrastructure stack and CI/CD pipelines
- Design and implement monitoring and alerting for the infrastructure
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure engineering or software engineering
- Strong experience working with GCP or AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Istio
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages, preferably Java/Python
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment
- Strong skills in troubleshooting issues in a highly distributed environment
- Experience in the financial payments technology space
- Expertise in Cloud networking
- Experience with GCP technologies, such as Spanner, BigQuery, Dataflow, Pub/Sub, etc
- Experience in building large-scale, distributed systems
- We’re an early stage startup that allows for our employees to truly build from the ground up and impact every layer of our organization.
- We’re a team of payments obsessed individuals. While some of us come from the fintech world, some of us don’t. We value the varied backgrounds and the diverse perspectives of our employees.
- We’re small on hierarchy and big on growth. We’re a flat organization that allows everyone to have direct exposure to our leadership team. We are looking for builders who thrive in ambiguity.
- We’re backed by Oak HC/FT, Costanoa Ventures, and XYZ Ventures. Angel Investors include Bill Ready (CEO at Pinterest) and Renaud Laplanche (Co-Founder & CEO of Upgrade).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 100% healthcare coverage + 75% coverage for dependents
- 401k program
- Up to 16 weeks off for Maternity leave + up to 6 weeks of Paternity leave
- Equity in Highnote
- Stipend to build out your home office; internet reimbursement
- At Highnote we have built a total rewards philosophy that includes fair, equitable, geo-based compensation that is performance and potential based. Our compensation packages are competitive based on robust market research and are a combination of a cash salary, equity, and benefits. In compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual salary range for applicants is $170,000-$235,000.
Please note that positions located in San Francisco are hybrid and include core working days of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in office. We provide flexible work options based on distance from our downtown SF office.
Highnote is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We invite people from all backgrounds and identities to apply. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by US federal state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work. Additionally, we encourage everyone to share which pronouns you wish for us to use when addressing you (i.e.: she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).