UX Research Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- Degree in human-computer interaction, anthropology, sociology, communication, market research, information science, or a related field
- Passionate about and experience with executing hands-on, primary research
- 5+ years of experience in applied product research highly desired
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis)
- Experience conducting cross-cultural research
- Experience with user research related to accessibility preferred
- Ability to ask and answer meaningful and impactful questions
- Ability to clearly communicate complex, research-informed data analytics to a lay audience
- Information Architecture background a plus
- Demonstrated experience with data-driven decision making, including competence with market research, market intelligence, competitive assessment, revenue analysis, and usage metrics
- Demonstrated capability to make timely prioritization decisions to ensure projects meet critical business needs and timelines
- Ability to translate market and user needs into product features/functionality
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written, verbal, and data visualization channels
- Ability to turn data insights into storytelling
- Ability to influence multi-disciplinary teams and develop strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Experience working with vendors or working as a research vendor to design and execute research studies with different methodologies: qualitative, quantitative, social analytics, data analytics, etc
- Proactive, collaborative, detail oriented, and reliable
- Strives to deliver the highest quality products
- This role requires either:
- A university degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 8 years' experience
- An advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Work to develop, promote, and inspire those you manage
- Raise the bar on quality, set and maintain best practices
- Work closely with product and development teams to identify research topics
- Develop studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research (surveys, interviews, customer advisory boards, etc.) to inform product direction, feature prioritization, and target audience identification
- Conduct heuristic evaluations of products, services, and processes
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Technical Writers, Product Managers, and other Product Researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other Product Development roles to create and share research
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Leverage industry, market, and technology trend data to inform product definition and share with working teams and business units
- Collaborate with design researchers to conduct iterative prototype testing and user/consumer interviews to create personas and develop user journey maps
- Define and clearly communicate research insights, KPIs, and measures of product success to product development teams, executives, and stakeholders
- Influence stakeholders and gain consensus for product strategy and milestones, building visual and other artifacts to assist key decision making
- Leverage business and financial acumen to quantify a product's potential business and/or customer value
- Identify, implement, and analyze product usage metrics to be used for continuously improving the product experience and vision
Bazaarvoice helps brands capture, analyze and act upon social data, and enables authentic customer-powered marketing.
- Mental wellness matters - All team members get access to the Modern Health platform, which provides resources for personal/professional coaching, therapy, and meditation.
- Improve your community and b:generous - We believe in investing our time and money to support our communities globally.
- Embrace wellness and reward others - Through our YouEarnedIt platform, achievements, wellness, volunteering, and coaching is celebrated and rewarded, and everyone has a voice.
- Paid sabbaticals - We reward employees for hard work. After five years with Bazaarvoice, you can apply for an eight-week paid sabbatical.
- Recognition-based culture - We provide opportunities for annual merit rewards, company bonus schemes, and growth within your role.
- Flexible work from home policies - The working world has changed. So have we.
Company Core Values
- Customer is key - We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes. We approach every situation with a customer-first mindset.
- Passionate pursuit of performance - Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive, and curiosity. We love what we do, which makes us laser-focused on our mission.
- Transparency and integrity build trust - We believe in the power of authentic feedback. It’s in our DNA. We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
- Innovation over imitation - We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo. We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
- Stronger together - We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives. We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams. As a stronger company, we build a stronger community.