San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 7%
1 year growth↑ 9%
2 year growth↑ 123%
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to inform product prioritization and decision-making
- Experience leading development of high quality products with technical components
- Own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for a critical product line
- Guide the prioritization of work and make resourcing and prioritization tradeoffs
- Improve the way millions of people write, edit, share, organize, broadcast, publish and track work
- Listen to and work with members of the creator and developer community
- Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience
- Experience in the product function of a startup
- Commitment to building diverse and inclusive product teams
We’re on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can’t build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We’ve been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we’re growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We’re passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Notion can be used for writing personal notes, making collaborative documents, publishing a wiki, for managing projects and more; it’s used by individual consumers, small teams, and large enterprises alike. We’re looking for an experienced product management leader to build products and experiences that are core to our company strategy and will affect the daily lives of millions of Notion customers.
What You’ll Achieve:
- You’ll own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for a critical product line in Notion’s suite of use cases, working closely with parts across design, engineering, data science, research, customer experience and product marketing
- You’ll guide the prioritization of work and help make resourcing and prioritization tradeoffs in service of our customers’ and our company’s goals
- You’ll improve the way millions of people write, edit, share, organize, broadcast, publish and track work, with a steady cadence of product improvements and fixes.
- You’ll listen to and work with members of our creator and developer community, improving the core of Notion’s product
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- You have a track record of leading development of high quality products with technical components that meaningfully impact company outcomes
- You find delight in unpacking and solving deeply complex problems without losing sight of the big picture
- You are the champion of the customer, while remaining laser focused on delivering significant business impact
- You have experience using quantitative (e.g., metrics, analytics) and qualitative data (e.g., research, user feedback) to inform product prioritization and decision-making
- You have built, or are committed to building, diverse and inclusive product teams
Nice to Haves:
- You have a Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience.
- You’ve worked in the product function of a startup and care a lot about shaping (and working in) a high-impact, collaborative organization.
- You’ve heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we’re big fans of their work.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in New York, the estimated base salary range for this role is $200,000 - $250,000 per year.