Mobile Diesel Technician
Posted on 3/15/2023
Lakeland, FL, USA • Tampa, FL, USA
- High school diploma of equivalent required
- Three to five years of diesel experience and/or formal training or combination of education and training
- Experience with Tier 4 diesel engine repairs and maintenance preferred
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical issues
- Working knowledge and experience with diesel engine repairs and emission control systems
- Thorough understanding of the methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Familiarity with engine diagnostic tools
- Commercial driver license preferred (Class A or Class B)
- DOT Medical card preferred
- Troubleshoot diesel engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems and pump end issues and repair/rebuild as necessary using computerized diagnostic tools
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and service various products as directed. Diagnose and report any damage to the Manager
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential