Survey Team Manager
Posted on 2/13/2024
Cloud-based renewable energy service
Octopus Energy is on a mission to transform energy globally, faster and cheaper than anyone imagined. They are are relentless in driving the smart grid technologies that'll deliver cheaper green electricity to fuel our homes, businesses, cars and heating.
Data & Analytics
, United Kingdom
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↑ 23%
Easton, Norwich, UK
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Finance & Banking
- Proactive and productive work approach
- Engaging leadership style
- Understanding of technical requirements for surveyor role
- Organized and cool-headed with resilience under pressure
- Passion for continuous learning and innovation
- Strong organizational skills and self-starting approach
- Passionate about energy efficiency and climate change
- Ability to build networks and collaborate effectively
- Growth mindset and ability to adapt and try new approaches
- Inspire and motivate the team to be part of the zero carbon journey
- Lead a team of Low Carbon Technology Surveyors
- Support and encourage the continuous learning journey of the team
- Coach the team to help them excel, grow, and develop
- Demonstrate commitment and care for the safety and well-being of the team
- Take ownership of customer experience for all interactions within the role
- Identify opportunities for improvement and provide positive coaching interactions
- Work with colleagues to ensure customer promises are met and solutions are found
- Support recruitment decisions and design the team
- Lead projects and process improvements to optimize the effectiveness of the Survey team
- Experience in the renewable energy industry
- Experience with smart meters, heat pumps, solar PV, and other renewable technologies
- Experience in sales, planning, and scheduling
- Experience in talent acquisition and recruitment
- Experience in process improvement and project management
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with smart meters, heat pumps, solar PV and all renewable tech - which instantly reduce customers’ carbon footprint and give them control over their energy use. We are looking for Surveyor Team Managers who share our vision to move away from fossil fuels, towards sustainable, smart technologies for our customers.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
This is a remote role with frequent travel to our Slough location (as well as other locations in accordance with business needs).
What you’ll do
- You’ll inspire and motivate the team to be part of our zero carbon journey, encouraging creativity and challenge to make things better and more efficient
- Lead a team of Low Carbon Technology Surveyors in delivering fantastic experience to our customers in what for most, will be their first human interaction with Octopus
- Support and encourage the continuous learning journey of our team, through their recruitment, and onboarding journey, and continued development - ensuring that our people have all the necessary skills, support, mentoring and equipment to consistently do an excellent job
- Support your team in continual performance enhancement - and oversee their progression through available experience and career levels within the Survey team
- You’ll coach your team to help awesome people be more awesome, and you’ll create a working environment that enables people to excel, grow and develop
- Demonstrate commitment and care for the safety and well-being of your team in all that they do
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership of customer experience for all interactions within your remit, owning successful outcomes for customers from end-to-end
- Work with the Survey Quality Assurance team to continually identify opportunities for improvement and feed these back to their team through positive coaching interactions
- Work with colleagues including Sales, planning and scheduling to ensure that customer promises are met wherever possible and solutions are found when potential failures to deliver arise
- Play an active part in growing our team; supporting our Recruiters and our Talent Team, taking ownership of great recruitment decisions that bring the very best people into the Octopus family - designing and creating the team
- Take a lead role in progressing projects and process improvements, which continually improve the effectiveness and success of the Survey team, helping optimise every stage of the customer journey through tech, processes and people
What you’ll need
- You’ll be proactive, anticipating the needs of customers, your team and your colleagues and you will be productive in the way you work
- An engaging leadership style; developing supportive adult to adult relationships with their team and their peers
- The ability to understand the technical requirements of the surveyor role Octopus products in order to support the delivery of quality service to our customers and our colleagues
- Able to develop a base technical product knowledge to support how we will help our customers navigate to achieve low carbon energy use in their homes, through our products
- A relentless approach to customer excellence with the ability to resolve any potential issues that arise both your team and directly with customers
- You’ll be organised, cool headed and have resilience that allows you to be calm under pressure
- You’ll be someone who builds your network quickly and collaborates with them to deliver at speed, with a focus on quality, safety and customer experience
- A Growth mindset with a passion for continuous learning and the ability to adapt, flex, try, fail - and try again. You’ll have a drive to innovate and be excited to do things differently.
- Strong organisational skills and a self starting approach, the ability to seek and find answers solutions and opportunities
- You’ll be passionate about energy efficiency and the fight against climate change
- A pleasure to be around with a sense of fun, adventure and ambition to grow with our team
Why else you’ll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it’s something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don’t advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn’t apply to Octopus - what’s more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we’re voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.