Redwood City, California
6 month growth↑ 21%
1 year growth↑ 51%
2 year growth↑ 94%
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of progressive commercial experience in a biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical company
- Experience in global strategic marketing and ideally sales
- Proven experience in leading the launch of new products
- Strong leadership and ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Develop and deliver go-to-market plans for lead KRAS programs
- Define commercial strategy and tactically deliver critical activities on the commercial roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide a commercial perspective on clinical, medical affairs, and market access initiatives
- Grow the team to support expanding needs
- Operate as an ambassador of the company to relevant stakeholders
- Develop field team design and partner on training and message development for successful product launches
- Develop and implement the promotional platform
- Prioritize, develop, and implement promotional and disease education tactics
- Lead partner agency and vendor relationships and workflow
- Develop the market landscape to understand the needs of healthcare providers
- Develop strategic pilots to test go-to-market strategies and define measures of success
- Establish a strong relationship with medical affairs and the sales team
- Participate in cross-functional teams as commercial lead to gather input for functional activities and ensure strategic alignment
- Ensure strategic and tactical plans meet compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Deliver marketing operating expenses within budget
- Travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- History of targeted oncology product experience
Revolution Medicines is a clinical-stage precision oncology company focused on developing novel targeted therapies to inhibit frontier targets in RAS-addicted cancers. The company’s R&D pipeline comprises RAS(ON) Inhibitors designed to suppress diverse oncogenic variants of RAS proteins, and RAS Companion Inhibitors for use in combination treatment strategies. As a new member of the Revolution Medicines team, you will join other outstanding colleagues in a tireless commitment to patients with cancers harboring mutations in the RAS signaling pathway.
Reporting directly to the VP of Commercial Development, the cross functional leader will help develop and deliver Revolution Medicine’s go to market plans for the company’s lead KRAS programs in preparation for anticipated launches.
You will work within the nascent Commercial team to define the commercial strategy and tactically deliver critical activities on the Commercial roadmap, for example, market research and patient journey mapping, field team design, diagnostics strategy You’ll collaborate with cross functional teams to provide a commercial perspective on clinical, medical affairs, and market access initiatives. You will grow your team to support expanding needs. This position is based out of our headquarters in Redwood City, CA.
Operate as ambassador of the company, establishing organization as trusted member of the healthcare community to all relevant stakeholders (Patients, HCPs, Payers, Policy makers, Industry peers).
Develop Field team design, and partner on training and message development to prepare for and deliver successful oncology product launches.
Partner in the development and implementation of the promotional platform (e.g., messaging, market research initiatives, unbranded website etc.).
Prioritize, develop, and implement promotional and disease education tactics (including print and digital promotions, peer-to-peer programming, and key customer marketing initiatives) that establish value with our customers and contribute to achieving a successful product launch.
Lead partner agency and vendor relationships and workflow.
Develop the Market Landscape to understand the needs of the top institutions, key opinion leaders, the competitor landscape and other important healthcare providers to optimize promotional approach, selling tools, and educational programming.
Develop strategic pilots to test go to market strategies and define measures of success.
Demonstrate the ability to quickly understand complex markets, disease states, competitive landscapes, and relevant market and managed care dynamics.
Establish a strong relationship with medical affairs, and eventually, the sales team and other field-based commercial teams to ensure optimal execution; partner with Sales Training to develop a comprehensive and effective training plan.
Participate in cross-functional teams as commercial lead to gather input for functional activities, and ensure strategic alignment , e.g., with clinical development, medical affairs and investor relations.
Ensure strategic and tactical plans meet compliance and regulatory guidelines and company policies.
Deliver marketing operating expenses within budget.
Travel as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
Bachelor’s degree required with at least 7-10 years of progressive commercial experience in a biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical company including global strategic marketing and ideally sales.
Successful history of developing and executing the marketing strategy.
Experience in leading the launch of new products.
Proven experience in a smaller, rapidly growing, company.
Demonstrated ability to derive insights/analytics leading to the development of innovative go to market strategies.
Strong leadership, with the ability to work well cross-functionally and influence across an organization at all levels.
Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
Ability to represent Revolution Medicines well externally: strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
Entrepreneurial mindset, with a tolerance for ambiguity, and a passion for helping cancer patients.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
History of targeted oncology product experience.
The expected salary range for this role is $210,000 to $240,000. An individual’s position within the range may be influenced by multiple factors, including skills and experience in role, overall performance, individual impact and contributions, tenure, and market dynamics. Base salary is one part of the overall total rewards program at RevMed, which includes competitive cash compensation, robust equity awards, strong benefits, and significant learning and development opportunities.
Revolution Medicines is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital status, medical condition and veteran status.