Principal Frontend Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- A Technical Leader:You have a record of taking a strategic and systematic approach to challenging technical problems and seeing them to completion. Your technical expertise often influences product direction. You foster a culture of technical excellence and help other engineers grow
- A Frontend Expert: You are an expert in modern front-end development using frameworks like React, with deep knowledge of topics such as TypeScript, GraphQL, and frontend security. Adapting to changing technology and understanding trade-offs are critical for this role
- An Industry Veteran with Broad Experience: You are comfortable with a vast range of other technical topics, including backend development, DevOps, microservices, containers, mobile development, desktop development
- Focused on Users: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution
- Focused on People and Teams: You pay close attention to people and teams you work with, and help them stay happy and productive and continue to grow
- You have 8+ years of experience working on front-end platforms with experience building great products
- 4+ years of experience leading large, cross-functional, technical projects with multiple team members involved
- Design, lead, and build the frontend architecture that will allow other engineers to efficiently build applications
- Develop and lead the strategy to grow and scale the components necessary to empower other engineers in building the tools needed by our peers
- Author and review specifications for new features and improvements
- Lead other engineers by example and through technical direction as an individual contributor
- Become an expert on our technology stack and make sure we always build new components and applications the right way
- Collaborate with other teams within Roblox to make sure we are building products with a community mindset
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to work towards the research efforts into the Roblox products
- Communicate with the industry and communities where applicable and be an ambassador for Roblox
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done