San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -2%
2 year growth↓ -9%
- 4-6+ years of experience in high-performing cultures (tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or related experience)
- Experience leading teams to achieve audacious goals
- Comfortable building complex SQL queries across multiple data sources
- Experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools
- Lead, collaborate and influence cross-functional teams to build and scale DoorDash’s catalog and advertiser platform
- Help shape the future of the advertiser experience by creating quarterly and annual plans aligned with product capabilities
- Build a high-quality advertiser catalog with perfect information, high quality scores, and operational checks and controls
- Advocate internally for solutions to enhance the user experience and advocate for resources where needed
- Experience in US and International grocery and retail operations
- Experience with product and in-store operations, product roadmaps, and current and future capabilities
About the Team
New Verticals Strategy & Operations is an exciting team at DoorDash that is building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform. New Verticals include the DashMart, Convenience, Alcohol, Grocery, and Retail businesses. These categories bring about new challenges and opportunities to build something at DoorDash from the ground up. You will sit on our non-technical Strategy & Operations team, reporting into a Manager on the team.
About the Role
You will help shape DoorDash’s future catalog strategy and advertising experience in convenience, grocery, alcohol, and retail. You will tackle and own some of the most novel problems, specifically building out the advertiser onboarding journey in orchestration with end-to-end catalog platform experience. Your work will be highly visible and impactful - with the entire DoorDash New Verticals catalog and merchants in scope, you will impact customers and advertisers in partnership with Machine Learning, Engineering, Product, Data Science, and Sales teams. You will partner with teams across DoorDash and beyond to build a world-class experience that works for all 3 sides of the marketplace (Merchants, Dashers and Customers) and our emerging 4th side (Advertisers). Your work will enable advertisers to onboard quickly and merchandise effectively, customers to make informed buying decisions with rich attributes, and Dashers to know exactly what to shop, and where. You will report to a Manager on the New Verticals Catalog, Fulfillment and Logistics team. We operate in a hybrid model; all of our offices are open and we get together in person for offsites once or twice a quarter!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead. You will lead, collaborate and influence cross-functional teams to build and scale DoorDash’s catalog and advertiser platform.
- Strategize. You will help shape the future of our advertiser experience. You will create quarterly and annual plans that push our business forward and are aligned with our product capabilities. You will help these teams identify opportunities for enhancing our existing product offering and build new processes.
- Analyze. You love working with data and using data to drive business decision-making.
- Build. You will build a massive high-quality advertiser catalog with perfect information (e.g. - product photography, item descriptions, and other rich metadata), high quality scores and operational checks and controls. This means everything from high-level strategy to operational details.
- Collaborate. You will advocate internally for solutions to enhance the user experience. Where a product or operations solution is needed to unlock growth and reduce cost, you will advocate for those resources with your partners.
- Learn. You will be immersed in our US and International grocery and retail operations. You will learn about our product and in-store operations, product roadmaps, and our current and future capabilities.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to think innovatively, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity. You thrive in new spaces and are excited by the possibility of discovering and solving novel problems
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You’re analytical. You’re comfortable building complex SQL queries across multiple data sources and have experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools.
- You have 4-6+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performing cultures (tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience), and you’ve led teams to achieve audacious goals.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Applications for this position are accepted on an ongoing basis