Health + Wellness Summer Intern
Updated on 2/2/2024
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↑ 1%
New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 months internship experience in healthcare communications or public relations
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- MS Office proficiency
- Conduct research for strategy development
- Monitor traditional and social media and develop coverage reports
- Coordinate with outside vendors
- Draft materials including social media copy, press releases, fact sheets, and media pitches
- Hone media relations skills and actively pitch media
- Participate in community management and client brainstorming
- Manage event logistics and provide day-of-event on-site support
- Support administrative staff and overall office operations
- Work closely with account team members to develop & deliver key client deliverables
- Collaborative spirit
- Results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
To be considered, you must submit the following with your application:
A resume of relevant work, education and extra-curricular experiences
Complete the writing assessment, save as First Name_Last Name_Practice and email to [email protected].
(Note: if you have trouble accessing the writing assessment, please email us at [email protected].)
About The Role:
We are searching for candidates who are out of the box thinkers and risk takers. Zeno’s internship program is a three to six month paid opportunity where you will gain valuable experience supporting our office and account teams for various healthcare clients in their daily activities, as well as build upon your PR portfolio through an array of projects.
The ideal candidate understands the ever-changing healthcare realm and will be connected to the pulse of these changes. The Zeno healthcare team operates in both Chicago and New York but we are looking for this person to be in New York. We look forward to hearing from bright and creative candidates who are self-motivated and committed to exceeding client, industry, and personal expectations.
Responsibilities Could Include
- Conduct research to aid in the strategy development process for current clients and new business pitches.
- Conduct traditional and social media monitoring and develop coverage reports for clients.
- Coordinate with outside vendors.
- Draft materials, including but not limited to social media copy, press releases, fact sheets, briefing documents, and media pitches.
- Hone media relations skills including media list development and actively pitch media across verticals, including but not limited to healthcare, science, business, consumer, technology, and more.
- Participate in community management with the opportunity to contribute directly to clients’ social channels.
- Participate in client brainstorming and support team with program ideation.
- Manage event logistics and provide day-of-event on-site support, as needed.
- Support administrative staff and overall office operations as needed.
- Work closely with account team members from Assistant Account Executives to Vice Presidents & Managing Directors to develop & deliver key client deliverables and support day-to-day activities for 2-3 accounts.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request accommodation due to a disability.
- 6 months internship experience in healthcare communications or public relations preferred, with agency experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Collaborative spirit, results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and exceptional interpersonal skills are a must.
- MS Office proficiency is a must.
- Operate effectively both independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understand of public relations, especially as it relates to healthcare.
Pay rate: $18/hour USD
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Zeno Group is the fiercely independent and global integrated communications agency, born from PR. We bring together the boldest and brightest talent to help clients across industries and sectors unleash the power of strategic communications. Guided by our ‘Fearless Pursuit of the Unexpected,’ we push the boundaries to achieve real business value and societal impact for clients. Winner of the industry’s most coveted awards including the 2021 PRovoke Global Creative Agency of the Year, 2021 PRovoke North American Agency of the Year and 2021 PRWeek Agency of the Year. We are honored to be a three-time winner of PRWeek’s Best Places to Work. Zeno has also been previously recognized by the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Zeno is a DJE Holdings Company.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
Healthy, happy employees make Zeno better, so we have programs that support physical, mental and financial wellness. Our culture and benefits are designed to promote flexibility, celebrate diversity and support work/life balance. We offer a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance with prescription plans, as well as short and long-term disability. Our Be Kind to Your Mind program focuses on mental health, providing a paid subscription to Headspace and access to mental health providers and other services through a best-in-class employee assistance program. Employees are encouraged to bring their authentic self to Zeno and participate in our employee resource groups which build communities for sharing and support. And while we love our work, we believe in the restorative power of time off with generous vacation, paid holidays and self-care time. Employees are supported in their pursuit of financial wellness with a 401(k) plan, pretax flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, life insurance and free access to a certified financial coach. And our unique ZenoFit program provides a monthly allowance to fund activities in your personal life that bring you joy and keep you healthy. These and other benefits are available to non-temporary employees in the US.