Posted on 5/15/2023
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote • Chicago, IL...
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 5+ years of professional hands-on software development experience
- In depth experience with commonly used data structure and algorithms, and the ability to write highly optimized algorithms
- Hands-on experience designing and building large scale distributed systems
- Strong collaboration skills, can work cross-team and cross-organization to deliver integrated reliability solutions
- Customer obsessed, with the ability to articulate and represent customer experience in various forums to drive the right outcome
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Thrives in ambiguity, with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Directly responsible for identifying and building the right technical foundations needed for improving availability of Stripe APIs
- Identify, scope, and lead large technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale, and taming complexity and shoring up reliability of existing systems
- Advise Stripe leadership on key technology and product roadmap considerations
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe's broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to emerging new businesses
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance
- Genuine interest and/or experience in debugging and troubleshooting complex distributed systems problems
- Familiarity with the common patterns and practices for building reliable software
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams: Sales and Support to better understand our customers' needs, Legal and Accounting to understand how global policies influence our money-movement infrastructure, etc
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious