We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The person in this role will be dedicated to review critical services design, architecture reviews, re-architect, set performance / reliability / availability benchmarks, tuning and owner to work with specific system team on fundamental design improvements, track incidents to close architecturally, and work with domain team to close functionally.
Serve as a hands-on leader and an infrastructure architect with deep focus on reliability part of Coupang’s Platform Organization.
- 100% accountable for quality of architecture and design of system / Platform on availability, scalability, scale (load) and performance benchmarks.
- Solves complex technical problems in our Cloud environment with expert judgement with strong ability to deep dive to understand current systems design and architecture.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing and enhancing monitoring and testing tools.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance (millisecond latencies), scalability, availability (99.99% up-time), enterprise architecture best practices
- Should be able to dive deep to come up with new solutions that helps solving systems bigger problems by simplifying system architecture and help increase productivity & efficiency or every Engineer & system in the company.
- Build and make decision on accurate SRE tools, metrics to make the SRE team highly production and impactful.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Strong cultural change management experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 15+ years of Software engineering or Site Reliability Engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience leading system design, architecture leveraging Cloud services
- 5+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems in the cloud.
- 3+ years of experience mentoring engineers to success.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience as a principal-level Software Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated virtual team leadership capabilities.
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $197,820/year in our lowest geographic market to $367,380/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]