- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in a management role, preferably 3+ years in a Business or Operations role
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
- Experience in data analysis and budget management
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in fundraising and diligence is preferred
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in Los Angeles, CA (Pasadena)
- Plan and direct high-level administrative, financial, and operational activities for the CEO
- Organize and prioritize critical issues to facilitate efficient decision-making
- Work closely with CEO and executive leadership team to ensure clear, consistent communication across teams
- Participate in finance-related conversations, including budgeting and financial modeling
- Manage corporate processes, such as owning the company’s corporate calendar
- Support CEO with company funding and M&A opportunities, including leading diligence of prospective acquisitions
- Review current processes and find ways to optimize procedures to increase productivity and efficiency across the teams
- Support in creating and maintaining company-wide KPI’s
- Create presentations and documentation to support executive initiatives
- Own certain critical investor-related functions, such as cap table management and oversight of an investor relations team
- Additional tasks may be added as this is a new position at Miso Robotics
Miso Robotics is transforming the food industry, and making lives better. We’ve developed an AI-powered kitchen robot named Flippy which automates the most repetitive of kitchen tasks, such as operating a deep fryer. Flippy is fun to watch, but under the hood, he’s powered by a sophisticated AI platform – all driven by our proprietary deep learning experience and patented technologies.
Miso is a well known first-mover in food AI, and it continues to enjoy that first-mover advantage today. The company has raised over $100 million from crowdfunding, which we believe makes it THE most successful crowdfunding story in history. It has successfully piloted its products with the most prominent global brands in food, and now it’s time for the company to partner with institutional capital and super-charge the commercialization of what we do.
The challenge of bringing AI and robotics into commercial kitchens requires many disciplines to work together, and the composition of our teams at Miso reflects this multidisciplinary approach. We’re proud to have built a world-class team, and we’re looking for more exceptional people to join us.
If you believe, like we do, that the future of the kitchen involves artificial intelligence and robots (HINT: It definitely does!), and if you want to count yourself among the handful of amazing people on the leading edge of creating them, then Miso Robotics may be the right place for you!
- We live with a TEAM mindset - we win together.
- We work relentlessly together to solve issues.
- We use polite and direct candor - ego has no place here.
- We operate with rigor - superb execution is a core skill.
- We are bought in, each of us is dedicated to the mission.
- Innovation is in our blood - we are intrepid.
- We think big and we’re here to make an impact.
Benefits We Offer
- Company Equity
- Flexible Vacation
- Comprehensive benefits
- 401K plan
- Accelerated growth opportunities
- Free snacks from our robot chefs
As the Chief of Staff at Miso Robotics, you will be working closely with our CEO and executive team to support Miso’s critical initiatives. You will be the right-hand person to our CEO, facilitating efficient decision-making and ensuring execution, follow-through, and accountability. This is a new role for Miso, and there are tremendous learning opportunities within this role.
You’ll get direct experience in how to manage and operate a company. Working directly with the CEO, you’ll spend ample time together and will develop a high level of trust to execute on the things most important to the success of the company. You’ll have eyes on and/or drive big projects at the company, and will leverage your innate ability to manage both up and down, stay organized, and seamlessly collaborate. You’ll truly help shape the company’s future. This position is a career launchpad that will give you the ability, experience, and confidence to move into a senior position earlier in your career than you otherwise would have. Every day will likely look different, and you’ll be juggling and prioritizing multiple projects and tasks at once. And you have to execute on initiatives big and small with little guidance.
The pay range for this position is $120,000- 140,000 + equity + benefits. Since the company is pre-revenue, we all view our equity as being a key driver of why we choose to work at Miso. Our salary ranges are determined by data from our industry peers, the level of responsibility, job-related skills required, training, education, experience, and the current stage of Miso’s growth. The range posted for this role represents a range that Miso Robotics, in good faith, believes it is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and direct high level administrative, financial, and operational activities for the CEO.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues to facilitate efficient decision-making.
- Work closely with our CEO and executive leadership team to ensure clear, consistent communication across teams.
- Participate in finance-related conversations, including budgeting and financial modeling.
- Own strategic business initiatives under guidance from executive leadership.
- Manage corporate processes, such as owning the company’s corporate calendar.
- Support our CEO with company funding and M&A opportunities, including leading diligence of prospective acquisitions.
- Review current processes, and find ways to optimize our procedures to increase productivity and efficiency across the teams.
- Support in creating and maintaining company-wide KPI’s.
- Create presentations and documentation to support executive initiatives.
- Own certain critical investor-related functions, such as cap table management and oversight of an investor relations team.
- This is a new position at Miso Robotics, so additional tasks may be added.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in a management role, and preferably 3+ years experience in a Business or Operations role.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to implement all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Experience in data analysis and budget management.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in fundraising and diligence is preferred.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in our HQ in Los Angeles, CA (Pasadena).