Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
We’re looking for a Lead Engineer to support, coach and empower friendly, motivated and intelligent people. There aren’t any fires which means focus on growth instead of battling constant, interminable problems. If you’ve got an aptitude for, or some experience with leadership in a software development organization, and you’ve delivered and maintained dependable software in production in the past, we want to meet with you!
- Regular one-on-ones. With each member of your approximately 5-person team.
- Manage project to-do lists and priorities. Utilize GitLab, Coda, Google Docs and other tools.
- Coach, mentor, and teach members of your team. Contribute to growing their skills and capabilities. This ranges from professional development planning, all the way to helping with immediate issues and performing code reviews.
- Develop and deploy code in support of the larger initiatives that your team owns. The team’s primary project has 100% unit test coverage and is supported by a robust suite of static code checking tools (tests and static checkers both run in our continuous integration and deployment system before merging or deploying).
- Participate in design and definition discussions, and in documentation. Through regular collaboration with your Product Management and Design counterparts about requirements, projects, scoping and estimation.
- Keep quality standards high. Ensure steady progress on the roadmap to reach acceptance by Product Management and Design.
- Cross Collaboration. Communicate with other parts of the company about Engineering initiatives and goals. Sometimes this might mean coordinating demos, meetings, or Slack threads. Engineering should not be a black box and we need our leaders to guide by example and build interpersonal bridges throughout the company.
- A proven history of delivering high quality production code yourself.
- Experience building RESTful APIs is a bonus.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers, with a passion for developing and growing people as they progress on their career journey.
- Proficiency with Python, Django and Django REST Framework is a plus but not required.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, nursing parent neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
The only @email addresses we use are @tegus.co or @tegus.com. If you receive emails from any other domain (including .us), please assume they are fraudulent and let us know by sending an email to [email protected]