Principal Cyber Security Engineer-Cloud Security
Posted on 9/24/2023
Develops and publishes immersive, community-driven MMO games
Jagex stands out as a leading video game developer and publisher, renowned for its deep and engaging 'forever games' like RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, which have generated over $1bn in lifetime franchise revenue. The company's community-focused development approach empowers players to influence game design, fostering a dynamic and interactive culture. With recent acquisitions expanding their expertise and a commitment to hiring exceptional talent, Jagex offers a vibrant, collaborative environment for those seeking to shape the future of gaming.
null, United Kingdom
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 4%
1 year growth↑ 11%
2 year growth↑ 11%
IT & Security
- A degree, certification or demonstrable expert knowledge in computer science, cyber security, or information technology
- Substantial experience within the cyber security domain
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to work with engineers to identify the trade-offs of different solutions and recommend the ideal design that meets the team's (non)-functional requirements as well as necessary security mandates
- Experience in leading/performing infrastructure threat modelling and security architecture reviews
- Designing and implementing technical security controls to safeguard infrastructure, applications, and data
- Spearheading the design, implementation, and continuous monitoring of security measures and best practices for our AWS infrastructure
- Develop, document, and maintain security processes and plans
- Demonstrable background in a cloud security operations environment in federated enterprises
- Proficiency in software security maturity frameworks such as BSIMM, Open SAMM
- Background and experience in AWS services, containers, and orchestration tools
Are you an expert in Cyber Security Engineering looking for your next opportunity to drive forward our security operations at Jagex?
We are looking for a Principal Cyber Security Engineer to join our Cyber Security team here at Jagex. You will join a high performing talented to who are responsible for supporting and promoting information security within the company and related third parties. As our next Principal Security Engineer, you will join the leadership team within IT/security teams and provide technical expertise to support the various service offerings.
Reporting to the Director of Cyber Security, you will work closely with IT engineering, our development teams, and outsourced partners to establish and maintain services required to respond to security alerts, including incident resolution.
What you’ll be doing:
As our Principal Security Engineer you will have 3 main areas of responsibility including:
Security Architecture & Design:
·Designing and implementing technical security controls to safeguard infrastructure, applications, and data.
·Spearheading the design, implementation, and continuous monitoring of security measures and best practices for our AWS infrastructure.
·Develop, document, and maintain security processes and plans.
Cloud Security & Management:
·Ensure proper utilization of AWS security tools and services to optimize the security posture of our infrastructure.
·Monitor and analyse security events on AWS, driving a timely detection, and response strategy for potential threats.
Problem Solving & Strategy:
·Solve unique and complex problems related to the domain area, ensuring that security challenges specific to the gaming industry are addressed.
·Stay up to date with the latest security trends, threats, and solutions in both the gaming and broader tech industries.
·Ensure alignment and compliance with common information security management frameworks such as NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, and CIS.
- A degree, certification or demonstrable expert knowledge in computer science, cyber security, or information technology.
- Substantial experience within the cyber security domain.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to work with engineers to identify the trade-offs of different solutions and recommend the ideal design that meets the team’s (non)-functional requirements as well as necessary security mandates.
- Experience in leading/performing infrastructure threat modelling and security architecture reviews.
- Demonstrable background in a cloud security operations environment in federated enterprises.
- Proficiency in software security maturity frameworks such as BSIMM, Open SAMM.
- Background and experience in AWS services, containers, and orchestration tools.
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.