New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 8%
1 year growth↑ 4%
2 year growth↑ 64%
- 5+ years of industry Java experience
- Experience in the US financial tech space, such ACH and Card money movement
- Experience with bank aggregators such as Plaid a plus
- REST based services and API development experience
- Kubernetes, Docker or other container system experience is a plus
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus
- Experienced with SQL (particularly Postgres), designing and migrating schemas, and writing analytical queries
- Reinventing the APIs supporting User flows to ensure a great user experience
- Supporting engineers in other pods that utilize our banking / payments rails
- Optimizing queries and relational database schema to ensure speedy response times
- Implementing algorithms related to monetary transaction evaluation, risk management, income verification, and other predictive models
- Converting some of our existing services to the next level by being highly available
- Integrating with new 3rd party APIs to serve millions of customers
- Decreasing our customer service workload by building improvements to the product or improving our internal automations
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision
Hi, we’re Brigit! A holistic financial health company helping every American build a brighter financial future. With a business model that is aligned with our customers, we create transparent, fair, and simple financial products that put money back in the hands of our members, help them spend wisely, avoid unfair fees and build their credit quickly. If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input at the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Brigit is doing innovative and exciting work, but don’t just take our word for it, our work is being recognized by others:
Brigit is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help us scale our next-gen consumer finance platform to millions of users in the next year. Our product has tremendous traction helping low income Americans make ends meet and now is the time to scale. We’ve built a stack of Java microservices in Google Cloud which has served us well thus far, but we need help in making it even better.
Our team has two main goals:
1) Payments: Build upon and support the payment rails used by feature teams within the org, ensuring payment reliability, speed, tracing, and reconciliation.
2) Banking: Scale the underlying bank connectivity used for underwriting by millions of users.
Our team is small and nimble; you’ll get an extraordinary amount of autonomy and ownership. More importantly, you have a large say in the direction of the company -- both in terms of our technology and our product. Recent accomplishments of our team are:
Building a Payments API platform that moves millions of dollars on a daily basis
Implementing the advanced mathematical processes behind our proprietary risk algorithm
Normalizing relational database schema to optimize for performance for over 1 million users.
End to end User notification (via SMS, Email, Push) capabilities
Building internal tools that enable our Customer Support Specialists to help our customers ASAP
One of our greatest strengths is the speed with which we can move. If you want to propose a new way of doing things, we are all ears. If you have an idea for a new feature, we’ll be open to it. A new design paradigm? Bring it on.
At Brigit you can enjoy a mature CICD platform with automated deployment processes, an easy-to-use local/staging/production development environment, and teammates willing to fill in the gaps. We automate manual things so we can focus on thinking and building something that helps people.
This is a full-time role which will operate out of Brigit’s New York office, with the option to work remotely for 3 days a week.
What You Have
5+ years of industry Java experience
Experience in the US financial tech space, such ACH and Card money movement
Experience with bank aggregators such as Plaid a plus
REST based services and API development experience
Kubernetes, Docker or other container system experience is a plus
Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus
You are a self-starter, self-motivated, are able to work independently and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision
Experienced with SQL (particularly Postgres), designing and migrating schemas, and writing analytical queries
What You’ll Be Doing
Reinventing the APIs supporting User flows to ensure a great user experience
Supporting engineers in other pods that utilize our banking / payments rails
Optimizing queries and relational database schema to ensure speedy response times
Implementing algorithms related to monetary transaction evaluation, risk management, income verification, and other predictive models
Converting some of our existing services to the next level by being highly available
Integrating with new 3rd party APIs to serve millions of customers
Decreasing our customer service workload by building improvements to the product or improving our internal automations
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $135,000 - $180,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits for which an individual may be eligible. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Our Benefits & Team
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible PTO Policy
Paid Parental Leave
Physical and mental wellbeing benefits including Gympass for access to virtual workouts and discounted gym memberships, and Headspace for covered virtual therapy sessions and unlimited on demand health support
Monthly reimbursements to use against wifi and cell phone bills
Annual reimbursement for Learning & Development
Help hard working Americans build a brighter financial future
High-growth company at an early stage
A dynamic, flexible and collaborative start-up work environment with a highly talented team
Brigit is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy (including breast feeding and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.