Head of Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Canada • United States
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Own critical loss, user experience, and automation metrics and focus the teams on delivering against these metrics
- Manage a team of leaders and help develop their careers with stretch responsibilities and excellent feedback
- Set and execute a vision for how we detect, optimize, and mitigate fraud losses at scale at Stripe in collaboration with business partners
- Work with engineering leaders in your org and across Stripe to build scalable and automated systems and make the right foundational investments
- Empower your engineering teams to deliver a high level of technical quality and impact
- Recruit a diverse team of engineers and managers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach to closing
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe's engineering management team
- Have several years of experience hiring, growing, and developing managers
- Have experience building scalable ML and backend systems
- Lead by example in fast-paced, high-impact, ambiguous environments
- Enjoy measuring and improving user experience
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Thrive in a collaborative cross-functional environment and fostering a great culture within a team
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious