Director of Product Marketing
Posted on 2/7/2024
Personalized wealth management for fulfilling lifestyles.
Brighton Jones stands out as a company that prioritizes aligning individual values with financial goals, offering a unique approach to wealth management that goes beyond mere financial stability to encompass overall happiness. Their dynamic financial planning adapts to changing situations, ensuring a tailored and evolving strategy for each client. This focus on personal fulfillment and adaptability sets them apart in the industry, making them a compelling choice for those seeking a holistic approach to wealth management.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -5%
1 year growth↑ 4%
2 year growth↑ 12%
Seattle, WA, USA
Growth & Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product marketing with substantial hands-on marketing execution experience
- Demonstrated skills in copywriting, video production, and webpage development
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and creative skills
- Exceptional communication and team leadership abilities
- Agile and adaptable to rapidly changing market environments
- Develop and continuously improve clear and compelling messaging, copy, and personas that highlight the product's unique selling points and differentiate it from competitors
- Conduct thorough research through focus groups and other means to understand market trends, customer needs, industry dynamics, and the competitive landscape
- Create and execute annual and long-term marketing strategies that align with the company's goals
- Build, lead, and manage a product marketing team that collaborates with service line, product and program leaders to achieve objectives and key results
- Coordinate with Client Service, Business Development, Technology, and other teams to ensure seamless product launches and integrated marketing campaigns
- Regularly update internal and external stakeholders on product marketing developments, integrating feedback into marketing materials
- Coordinate product launch activities, ensuring successful market introduction
- Collecting and analyzing feedback from customers, sales teams, and market data to refine marketing strategies and product offerings continuously
Are you ready to make a positive impact on clients, colleagues, and the global community? Do you value commitment, curiosity, continuous growth, compassion, community, and collaboration?
Join us at Brighton Jones; our purpose is to make the world a better place through our clients living richer lives. We are the largest RIA in the Pacific Northwest, headquartered in Seattle, with offices nationwide.
From the very start, we have been an award-winning organization. We’ve won dozens of Best Places to Work awards — including Seattle Business Magazine’s Best Companies to Work for 15 years in a row — to multiple national and regional Community Impact awards. We pride ourselves in our culture and giving back to our community.
We are industry leaders and pioneers in financial well-being with a focus on helping our clients align their wealth, passions, and purpose so they can pursue a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
Our team-based, client-centric approach has fueled our growth over the last 20+ years, and we’re now 250 teammates strong and growing, serving more than 4,000 clients, and advising on over $19 billion+ in assets. Every teammate has a path to ownership in the firm.
The Director of Product Marketing at Brighton Jones will lead Positioning and Messaging, Market Research and Analysis, and Strategy Development for all our services and products. Your role will be vital in both shaping the product’s market perception and directly crafting the materials that communicate this vision. You will build and lead a team that collaborates closely with cross-functional teams, leverages data-driven insights, and harnesses creativity and innovation to shape our marketing strategies and execution.
Take our Values in Action Self-Assessment to see how our values align!
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Develop and continuously improve clear and compelling messaging, copy, and personas that highlight the product’s unique selling points and differentiate it from competitors. Establish features and benefits through intuitive frameworks and assets.
- Market Research and Analysis: Conduct thorough research through focus groups and other means to understand market trends, customer needs, industry dynamics, and the competitive landscape.
- Strategy Development: Create and execute annual and long-term marketing strategies that align with the company’s goals. This includes determining the target audience, deciding on the marketing mix, and setting measurable objectives.
- Team Leadership and Development: Build, lead, and manage a product marketing team that collaborates with service line, product and program leaders to achieve objectives and key results. Mentor the team to serve as strategic consultants as well as lead execution of initiatives.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Coordinate with Client Service, Business Development, Technology, and other teams to ensure seamless product launches and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Regularly update internal and external stakeholders on product marketing developments, integrating feedback into marketing materials.
- Product Launches: Coordinate product launch activities, ensuring successful market introduction.
- Feedback and Optimization: Collecting and analyzing feedback from customers, sales teams, and market data to refine marketing strategies and product offerings continuously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product marketing with substantial hands-on marketing execution experience required.
- Demonstrated skills in copywriting, video production, and webpage development.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and creative skills.
- Exceptional communication and team leadership abilities.
- Agile and adaptable to rapidly changing market environments.
- $150,000 - $175,000 per year.
- Benefits: Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to, health care benefits (medical/dental/vision), retirement benefits, paid time off (PTO), holiday flex-days, summer flex-days, company-paid holidays, parental leave, transportation benefits, unlimited volunteer time off, professional, and personal wellbeing stipend, and other fringe benefits.
Our #OneTeam feels a sense of connection, pride, and ownership with our mission, vision, values, and objectives. We are committed to building a business where 100% of our team members genuinely love where they work and are supported by their colleagues. We do this through building authentic relationships with one another, supporting each other to continuously learn and grow, working hard while having lots of fun, and giving back to our community.
We are a team founded on equity and respect, and we’re on a mission to help our clients, teammates, and global community thrive. Brighton Jones is committed to building a team comprised of diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. We actively foster a compassionate and inclusive culture, one in which all members of the greater Brighton Jones family feel safe to express their unique identities and empowered to reach their full potential.
To the right individual, we offer very competitive compensation, benefits package, and rewarding career opportunities. If you’ve been reading this job description thinking to yourself, this is the place for me, include in your cover letter why you’re excited to join our growing #OneTeam and be sure to describe how the opportunity aligns with your career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or caste. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
What to expect in the hiring process
1. Values in Action Self-Assessment - at Brighton Jones we don’t just talk about our values, we live by them! We’ve operationalized our values into behaviors and part of the application process includes completing a brief self-assessment on our Values in Action.
2. Initial Interview - this 30-min chat with a recruiter or hiring manager gives us a chance to learn about your background and goals and share more about the role and company.
3. Role Alignment - next you’ll meet with the hiring manager and a peer (virtual or in-person) to dive deeper into the role, responsibilities, and your transferrable experiences.
4. Full Loop - you’ll meet the team in two, back-to-back interviews with team members you’re likely to work with. During these conversations, we’ll be listening for examples of your technical skills as well as how core values show up in your experience. There may also be a writing sample, role play, hiring, or technical assessment depending on the position.
5. Personal Reference Calls - in this final step in the hiring process, you will be asked to arrange 1-2 personal reference calls with past managers of our choosing.
6. What’s Next - interviewing is time consuming and stressful, and we appreciate you taking the time to get to know us. Whatever the final decision, we’ll let you know our decision as quickly as we can. If this role isn’t a good fit, we invite you to stay connected and apply again.