D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
*Please note we do not have any current openings for this role, but will be continuing to collect applications and speak with candidates for future opportunities!
We are looking for an application troubleshooting analyst – an individual who can perform analysis of a given problem report and determine where the problem is, its cause, solution or recommend effective workaround where applicable.
Acting as an escalation point for client Subject Matter Experts, Product Support Analysts act as the primary point of contact for client technical teams. Through a combination of technical investigation and troubleshooting, as well as collaborating with teams across D2L, PSAs offer a world class support experience for D2L Administrators with varying degrees of technical expertise across the Enterprise, Higher Education, and K-12 segments.
Successful candidates must have strong analytical skills and be creative problem solvers. They will be able to make accurate risk assessments and demonstrate above-average attention to details and competencies. They are excellent communicators and are comfortable discussing technical issues with clients whose technical expertise may vary.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Effectively prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve client issues
- Resolve issues received by phone, chat, and service desk portal under tight time constraints
- Timely and accurate logging of all support cases
- Building rapport with clients
- Quickly identify incident trends/patterns and recommend steps to mitigate impact
- Troubleshoot issues using a variety of tools including using T-SQL queries
- Clearly communicate technical resolution details to varying stakeholders
- Remain calm under pressure
- Help to develop and deliver knowledge articles
- Participate in Technical Roundtable discussions
- Align client’s needs, goals, and objectives to D2L solutions
- Monitor and participate in both internal and external discussion forums
- Assist with additional tasks as delegated by Manager
- Participate in a shift rotation based on Eastern Standard time which includes evenings and weekends
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills
- Experience with:
- Familiar with:
- Web services (SOAP and REST), XML, HTML, ASP, ASPX
- Web applications and how they work at a high level (web servers, database servers, client-to-server communication)
- Windows Services
- Able to learn new tools and products quickly
- Strong ability to recognize patterns
- Able to work individually and in collaboration with colleagues
- LMS experience – user, administration, and/or support
- Working experience in a support role within a multi-tier support organization
- Experience with
- System Monitoring, including application and database performance monitoring
- Cloud Solutions including, AWS and VM environments
- Wireshark, Fiddler, and other browser based diagnostic and reporting tools
- Active Directory, OAuth, LDAP, and SAML solutions
- Industry Help Desk solution (example: SalesForce, ServiceNow, or other CRM solution)
- Concepts of enterprise software development such as: scalability, security, and performance (especially in areas of troubleshooting and problem analysis)
- Working knowledge of
- LTI and IMS Global standards
- Foundation ITIL V2 or V3 and ITSM
- Knowledge Centered Service
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent technical experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don’t believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we’re awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.