San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 18%
2 year growth↑ 200%
- 6-8 years experience in BizOps or Management Consulting
- Strong financial and business acumen (bonus points if in SaaS)
- Strong data analysis skills (e.g., experiencing with SQL, Excel, and use of BI tools to query data)
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated self-starter and incredible prioritizer
- Passion for leading through change in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Opinionated and isn’t afraid to push back on founders/ execs to seek the right answer
- Developing financial and business rigor including quarterly investor updates, budgeting & financial forecasting, and monthly reporting packages
- Owning and scaling processes such as working with COO on active sales deals, leveraging learnings to develop and scale sales tooling and processes, and running and improving OKR process
- Driving strategic projects using strength in data and quals, defining north star metric, taking on business centric deep dives, and driving pricing and packaging recommendations
- Supporting different functions to demonstrate and prove it out as the company continues to make investments, such as sales, customer success, and partnerships
- Experience in SaaS industry
Summary of Role
At Magical, we have an ambitious vision to revolutionize automation for everyone. We’re looking for a driven, “wear all hats” first BizOps hire that can support us as we enter the next stage of growth. Your mandate will be to proactively manage the performance of the business. You’ll report into our COO, and will responsible for helping build and scale Magical (simply put - no task is too challenging or beneath you).
This role is remote within Canada.
What you’ll do
You’ll have ownership into projects spanning operations, finance, and data, developing strong foundations so that we’re consistently approaching business decisions proactively. We’ll look to you to run our quarterly investor review & budget to help us become fiscally stronger. You’ll take ownership of key business metrics and reporting, so we are front of sight in how we’re performing. You’ll take ownership of projects across the business and you’ll do what’s needed to get it done, like a founder would. While there are fun parts to this role, you’re also willing to also take the trash out. Over time, we expect this role to own and build sub functions (like finance, support, people, etc).
Who you’ll work with
You’ll work with primarily with our COO and CEO, and depending on the project, you’ll work with stakeholders across Product and Marketing. You’ll be joining a broader team of MagicMakers who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and love moving uncomfortably fast. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you
In this role, you will...
Develop our financial and business rigor - example projects include: quarterly investor updates, quarterly budgeting & financial forecasting, monthly reporting packages on our performance
Own and scale processes - example projects include: working with our COO on active sales deals and leveraging those learnings to develop and scale our sales tooling and sales processes, running and improving our OKR process
Own and drive strategic projects using your strength in data and quals - example projects include: defining what our north star metric is, taking on business centric deep dives (e.g., how are companies expanding using Magical), driving pricing and packaging recommendations using data and competitive insights
Step in to support different functions (nascent or existing) to demonstrate and prove it out as we continue to make investments. Examples - sales, customer success, partnerships.
6-8 years experience in BizOps or Management Consulting
Strong financial and business acumen (bonus points if in SaaS)
Strong data analysis skills (e.g., experiencing with SQL, Excel, and use of BI tools to query data)
Strong communication and storytelling skills - can synthesize quant and qual data into a compelling summary
A demonstrated self-starter and incredible prioritizer who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion with high level direction
A passion for leading through change in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes ambiguous work environment
Opinionated and isn’t afraid to push back on founders/ execs to seek the right answer