Los Angeles, California
6 month growth↑ 3%
1 year growth↑ 9%
2 year growth↑ 18%
- Relevant Demand Planning experience, ideally at an eCommerce business
- Experience in using SAP or other ERP system
- Working knowledge of Logility or similar planning software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze data with little guidance
- Effective communication skills across multiple layers in the organization
- Problem-solving and contingency planning abilities
- Commercial awareness
- Balancing demand with supply within inventory targets using demand planning tools
- Collaborating with Sales, Product Managers, and Marketing to review and agree on demand forecasts
- Monitoring trends in customer orders against forecast and identifying forecast improvements
- Managing DTC & Amazon inventory management on a day-to-day basis
- Identifying stock gaps and anticipating future constraints
- Maintaining forecasts in line with inventory and business rules
- Generating and submitting planned purchase requirements in line with agreed schedules
- Managing supply issues and developing alternative plans when delivery schedules cannot be improved
- Managing EOL & NPI products to minimize slow-moving and excess inventory
- Working closely with Sales & Product Managers to reduce Excess and Obsolete Inventory
- Supporting the monthly SIOP process
- Performing KPI reporting and control analysis on measures such as Inventory, Forecast Accuracy, Fill Rate, Slow Moving, New Product Introduction, and Excess Inventory
- Completing additional duties as assigned
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is a world-famous brand with offices across the globe. Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are searching for a Demand Planner, eCommerce & Amazon to join our team. The Demand Planner, eCommerce & Amazon will be primarily responsible for supporting sales growth by developing and maintain a high quality, collaborative short, mid, and long-term forecast, ensuring supply allocations in line with customer demand in accordance with budgeted inventory policies while building and maintaining service levels within Supply Chain through relationships with our partners, customers, and 3rd party warehouses.
- Balancing demand with supply while keeping within inventory targets, using relevant demand planning tools.
- Working with Sales, Product Managers and Marketing to review and agree demand forecasts, complementing system generated forecasts.
- Monitor trends in customer orders against forecast and identify forecast improvements.
- Maintain DTC & Amazon inventory management on a day-to-day basis with our Sales Ops partners.
- Identify stock gaps & anticipate future constraints.
- Maintain forecasts in line with inventory and business rules where relevant.
- Generate and submit planned purchase requirements where appropriate, in line with agreed schedules.
- Manage supply issues and develop alternative plans where delivery schedules cannot be improved.
- Manage EOL & NPI products in conjunction with Sales, Product Managers and Marketing to ensure that slow moving and excess inventory is minimised.
- Work closely with Sales & Product Managers to reduce Excess and Obsolete Inventory.
- Play an active role in supporting the monthly SIOP process.
- KPI reporting and control analysis on measures such as (but not limited to) Inventory, Forecast Accuracy, Fill Rate, Slow Moving, New Product Introduction and Excess Inventory
- Additional duties as assigned
- Graduate calibre with relevant Demand Planning experience, ideally at an eCommerce business
- IT systems – experienced in use of SAP or other ERP system
- Working knowledge of Logility (or similar) planning software
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Needs little guidance as to what/how to analyse data, self-starter, curious and desire to get to the root cause.
- Comfortable communicating effectively across multiple layers in the organisation; can deliver "bad news" and manage conflict.
- Ability to problem solve and contingency plan
- Commercially aware