Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Note: This is a 12-month university placement opportunity for students currently enrolled in university. The placement will begin summer 2023 and will work hybrid-first out of our London office.
About the team
The Intl Distribution & Logistics team oversees the flow of our product from the point of supply to our end customers. The team is focused on providing the best-in-class omnichannel operations, to advance both Harry’s direct-to-consumer business and the retail channels we’ve partnered with across Europe and Canada.
About the Role
As a member of the Intl Distribution & Logistics team, you will have the opportunity to work with 3PLs in the UK and Netherlands and own, develop and deploy strategic operational relationships with our customers.
We’re looking for a Placement Student who will be focused on Customer Fulfillment. This includes ensuring orders are processed, fulfilled and delivered to our customers on time and in full. It will also include managing internal and external relationships, analysing stock levels and reporting on KPIs.
In the EU, Harry’s is growing and it’s an exciting time to join the business. The Distribution & Logistics team is constantly looking at ways to improve our existing operations, reduce costs and achieve efficiencies that support sustainable growth.
What you will accomplish
- As a valued member of the Distribution Team, you will help shape the strategy of the customer operations function in the EU
- Analyse and report on retailer stock levels to the internal team, ensuring that we are in a comfortable position
- Manage manual retailer accounts, including using SAP to process the orders and working with the 3PL to organise transport
- Assist with new retailer and specialty onboarding
- Manage the sample order process, ensuring orders are received on time and continually developing the process to make it more efficient
- Help to improve operations within the warehouse, with a focus on continuous improvement and increased efficiencies as it relates to DTC packing and retail reworks
- Manage inbound data and work with the 3PL to ensure their timely arrival
- Create a tracker to manage inbound deliveries expected and received
- Work with the cross-functional team to donate any redundant stock, in order to keep our 3PLs efficient
This Should Describe You
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent
- Advance knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint
- A lover of process and optimization. You’re excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with processes and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way.
- Excellent communicator. You are able to strike the right tone and are a great stakeholder manager across the business both locally and internationally
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers and the world around you
- You appreciate a great result quantitatively and qualitatively and celebrate accordingly, but you also recognize a failure and take pride in learning from experience and feedback
- You’re humble and understand that contributions to our success as a brand come in all shapes and sizes
- Sense of humour… We take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here’s who you’ll work with:
- Reporting to the Intl Distribution & Logistics Manager
- Part of the Intl Supply Chain team, including Sourcing and Demand Planning
- Working closely with Global Supply Chain, particularly Distribution, Logistics, Supply and Demand Planning
- Cross-functional collaboration with Brand, Packaging Development, Retail & DTC, Finance
- External partners (suppliers, 3PLs)
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.