At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset -using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Chief Product & Technology Officer (CPTO) to lead our Product and Engineering teams. As the nation’s leading B Corporation focused on reshaping education and upskilling for the future of work, we are passionate about building products to support America’s frontline workforce, and a platform that can support our mission at scale.
Reporting to our Chief Executive Officer, Rachel Romer, and serving as a key member of the executive leadership team, the CPTO will enable our Product and Engineering teams to deliver a best in class product aligned to Guild’s business objectives and our customer first approach.
The ideal candidate is a passionate leader and advisor, with deep experience in driving product development strategies in high growth environments. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed organization, and have a track record as both a functional Engineering and Product leader, driving forward collaboration, high quality work, and generating results. The successful candidate will also have the confidence and know-how to guide their team’s leaders in building more effective and collaborative teams.
The CPTO will work closely with colleagues including, Bijal Shah, Natalie McCullough, Greg Siegel, Kalyan Nanduru, Steve Peck and our broader Engineering and Product teams, along with other inquisitive and inspiring teammates at Guild. This role will continue to build the operational muscle needed to meet the market, and enable our platform teams to effectively and efficiently work against our product roadmap.
- Own and manage the product & solutions roadmap, in partnership with the executive team and strategic leaders across the organization. As a solutions company, Guild has multiple delivery mechanisms – product, operations, marketing - all of which the CPTO will responsible for authoring in the product and solution roadmap
- Structure and develop an impactful product and technology organization, developing a strong bench of future leaders and current executors who are focused on throughput and delivery
- Own the company’s product strategy, guiding our key decisions on the products we build in partnership with the key strategic leaders
- Own and execute on the company’s platform, data, technology strategies
- Collaborate with leaders to connect the product & solutions roadmap with the overall company strategy, domain strategies and key initiatives
- Contribute to Guild’s leadership team as a high-performance executive and teammate
- Evangelize Guild’s technology prowess to help differentiate us in the market, and to showcase our ability to win from a tech perspective
- You’re highly collaborative, with excellent interpersonal skills and known as a great executive team member and partner
- You manage to outcomes, excel at planning and organizational alignment and optimize for constant, iterative improvement in everything you do
- You’re focused on self-development and practice self-awareness
- You earn tremendous followership amongst those who work for you, and can build A+ teams with strong cultures and a sense of belonging for your team
- You have strong situational adaptability – with a knack for creating calm out of chaos - and you effectively manage ambiguity while helping to drive clarity in the process
- You are known for your decision-making prowess, and can manage highly complex and long-range decision cycles with a variety of internal and external partners
- Expertise collaborating with senior leaders with differing opinions and proven examples of pushing ideas forward that led to better outcomes for the company
Strongly Preferred Experience:
- You’ve led both product and engineering functions, with a focus on large, complex, technical organizations (300+).
- You’ve led product and engineering teams focused on building and delivering platform capabilities.
- You’ve likely also supported large enterprise customers and potentially worked in a marketplace business where balancing partners is critical.
- You have a love for operational excellence and structuring teams for maximum efficiency and throughput. You excel in large-scale project management and have a passion for iterative development.
- You’ve led successful teams in both hypergrowth and scale up environments ($100M to $1B), and have demonstrated skills for driving successful teams through multiple phases of growth and scale.
- Experience building purely technical products as well as products that function within a solutions context, e.g., as part of an ecosystem, in conjunction with services, etc.
- You’ve helped teams mature existing products and know when to build vs buy vs partner
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $350,000-$400,000, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.