Santa Clara, California
6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 4%
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- 4-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in manufacturing processes and operations
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Ability to perform Process Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis
- Develop and maintain methods, operation sequence, and processes in the fabrication of parts and assemblies
- Coordinate the release of product improvements and new products with other engineering functions
- Estimate manufacturing costs and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements
- Develop and use test procedures, including assisting with the definition of test specifications
- Gather operational and test data, evaluate results, and take corrective/continuous improvement actions
- Update and develop processes and practices as required
- Determine root cause and corrective action analysis for assembly and test issues
- Perform Process Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis for New Product Development
- Certifications in relevant areas
- Ability to explain complex information in straightforward situations
- Experience in early product development engagement
Requires higher-level knowledge, skills, and experience in own or related discipline. Builds knowledge of the company, processes, and customers. Solves a range of problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures and knowledge base. Requires a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Communication; Project Management; Problem Solving; Product Knowledge; Manufacturing Line Design; Manufacturing Issues Resolution; Floor Support; Early Product Development Engagement; Design for Excellence; Controlled Build; Computer Aided Design (CAD); Change Control; Build & Test Documentation; Manufacturing Methods; Influencing.
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies.
- Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products. Launches, releases, approves, and implements or issues engineering change requests as required to support design engineering and Operations with new and existing products.
- Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements. Uses DFx principles to reduce manufacturing and/or product costs and improve delivered product quality.
- Develops and uses test procedures, including assisting with the definition of test specifications. May work with test engineering on the design and development of test fixtures. May assist in the coordination of test fixture sourcing activities.
- Gathers operational and test data and evaluates results; may takes corrective/continuous improvement actions.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures, and policies, updating and developing processes and practices where required.
- Determines root cause and corrective action analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems; provides failure analysis report as required.
- Performs Process Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis when working with New Product Development.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to team members.
- Solves problems in sometimes complicated situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, judgment, and precedents. Presents solutions to team to obtain acceptance and buy in for implementation.
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team and in production; works within guidelines and policies.
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5-10 Years
Years of Experience:4 - 7 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$92,000.00 - $126,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.