Asset Management Analyst Job Description
At Unison, we’ve built a smarter way to unlock home equity, without interest, debt, or monthly payments. Our vision is to optimize homeownership by providing the missing products and expert advice to empower our customers - both consumers and institutional investors - to optimally own and invest in residential real estate.
The Asset Management Team owns the relationship between Unison, investors, and homeowners.You will provide analytical and relationship management support to improve the overall customer experience, mitigate risks, and maximize returns from active management of $6.4 billion of owner-occupied residential properties. You are excited to proactively identify new asset management opportunities for our portfolio that will add value to our team. You will collaborate with other teams in the Unison ecosystem and will have the opportunity to develop ongoing partnerships with outside vendors.
You are an adaptable learner that experiments to find new solutions, takes on new challenges, and learns from mistakes with a working knowledge of residential real estate and the lending industry. You are skilled at research and love to find new ways to help our homeowners and investors win together during the Unison agreement. You are a skilled communicator (written and verbally) who is comfortable with switching between detailed analyses and conversations with our homeowners. You are able to prioritize and manage your own time and projects without excessive oversight in a fast-paced, evolving startup environment. Most importantly, you are passionate about learning and growing in the home equity investing industry.
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Partner with internal departments such as Investment Underwriting, Sales, Investment Operations, and the Home Partnership team to understand Unison’s product and the homeowner experience
- Understand how to navigate Orissa through Salesforce
- Identify ways to improve data tracking to shape how we manage partner relationships
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Prepare reports in Salesforce and provide analytical support to team members and other departments to further Asset Management initiatives
- Liaise between the homeowner and internal groups (Compliance, Operations, Legal, and Investment Management) to maintain education and transparency
- Play an active role in the due diligence process including evaluating and recommending actions for high stakes Asset Management transactions and interactions.
- Manage personal pipeline of servicing and asset management cases
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Proactively identify new opportunities for generating partnerships to help homeowners achieve their financial goals
- Identify potential risk and interventions for homeowners at risk of default or in default.
- Provide department leaders with recommendations to improve asset management processes
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of asset management, real estate, financial, or related experience
- Proficient in Google Applications, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Asana.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
- Ability to balance customer success with investor requirements.
- Ownership mentality to take initiative, make meaningful impact, and to grow with the company
- Highly collaborative with the ability to partner with others to get work done
- High level of integrity and accountability – you feel comfortable discussing problems and learning from mistakes.
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
- See The Long Now - We invest in your professional development through an in-house Learning and Development program providing paths for individual contributors and managers. We also provide external resources, giving each team member $2k annually for learning opportunities. Each month you will also have a half day off to learn and grow on your own.
- Demonstrate True Grit - We know our team works hard, so we encourage a work life balance through generous PTO (20+ days), sick days (5), parental leave (12 weeks), and additional days off for mental health, volunteering, blood donation, and more.
- In Unison, Together - Each quarter our team says the same thing - the best part about working at Unison is our Culture! We take culture seriously and pride ourselves on having fun while succeeding. We have regular company events, swag giveaways, and encourage our team’s involvement through our Fun Committee and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee.
Unison is a San Francisco, CA and Omaha, NE based fintech company that is pioneering a smarter, better way to own your home. Until now, the only way to finance a home was by taking on debt. Through the Unison Agreement, we help homeowners access their equity flexibly with no monthly payments or interest. We enhance home affordability, reduce debt, and deliver a less risky way for homeowners, investors, and society to think about their most important asset - the home.
The last few years have been record breaking for Unison. We expanded our offering to 30 states, surpassed the $5B mark in real estate investments and partnered with over 8K customers through our HomeOwner programs. This tremendous growth was recognized by the Deloitte Technology Fast500 awards two years in a row as well as being included in the most recent Forbes Fintech50.
Unison provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.