6 month growth↑ 4%
1 year growth↑ 14%
2 year growth↑ 72%
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in product management
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following payment systems: Pulse, Star, Nyce and Accel (preferably from an acquiring point of view)
- Ability to extract the 'bigger picture' out of a complex situation and balance short term versus long term business needs
- Ability to structure, deliver, and communicate project plans in cross-functional teams with analysts and software engineers
- Focus on Adyen debit connections in the US to create the strongest debit offering in the market
- Prioritization and planning exercises, working closely with commercial, support, and development teams to define the product roadmap
- Have a clear vision on building for the long term, keeping up with market changes and tendencies
- Projects and deliver product development work together with engineers, getting hands-on with the technicalities when needed
- Identify improvements for various transaction flows and get changes live for Adyen's merchants
- Communicate with merchants and cooperate with various internal teams at Adyen
- Work with important external stakeholders such as Visa, Mastercard, or local regulators across cultures and time zones
- Experience with other payment systems in addition to Pulse, Star, Nyce, and Accel
- Experience in the financial technology industry
- Experience working in a global organization
- Experience working with diverse teams and stakeholders
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Product Manager, Debit Networks
Ordering a pizza? Buying a pair of trainers? Watching a movie? Hailing a ride? Chances are Adyen is handling your payment. Adyen’s Global Cards Acquiring team is responsible for the core payments engine of the Adyen platform. We add new markets for card acceptance, optimize card payment performance in existing markets and add new payment features for various use cases. Through our direct connections into the global card networks of Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners, JCB, and China UnionPay, we can provide the highest quality of payment processing while also leading the market in terms of product innovation.
As Product Manager, you will contribute to our growth by implementing new acquiring connections, the latest payment features, and working together with the card networks to accurately review and analyze new specifications and project plans. Product Managers are in charge of delivering core payment product features to Adyen merchants. You will work closely together with other Adyen teams across the world, including Engineering, Partnerships, Implementation Management, In-Person and Online Payments, Compliance and Regulatory teams, and Commercial teams.
What you’ll do
- You will have a specific focus on Adyen debit connections in the US, with the aim to create the strongest debit offering in the market.
- You will be in charge of prioritization and planning exercises and work closely with commercial, support, and development teams to define the product roadmap. Have a clear vision on building for the long term, keeping up with market changes and tendencies.
- You will be in charge of projects and deliver product development work together with engineers, getting hands-on with the technicalities when needed.
- You will identify improvements for various transaction flows and are responsible to get changes live for Adyen’s merchants.
- You will communicate with merchants and cooperate with various internal teams at Adyen
- You will work with important external stakeholders such as Visa, Mastercard or local regulators across cultures and time zones.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 5 years of working experience in product management
- You have hands-on experience with at least one of the following payment systems: Pulse, Star, Nyce and Accel (preferably from an acquiring point of view)
- You can extract the ‘bigger picture’ out of a complex situation, and balance short term versus long term business needs.
- You are able to structure, deliver and communicate project plans in cross-functional teams with analysts and software engineers.
Other Job Details:
- Based out of our Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- Domestic and international travel required
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.