Posted on 12/22/2023
Cloud-based renewable energy service
Octopus Energy is on a mission to transform energy globally, faster and cheaper than anyone imagined. They are are relentless in driving the smart grid technologies that'll deliver cheaper green electricity to fuel our homes, businesses, cars and heating.
Data & Analytics
, United Kingdom
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↑ 23%
Finance & Banking
- Great organisation skills
- Keen eye for details
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel or similar software
- Experience working in a commercial organisation in a similar role
- Invoicing key customers and validating incoming invoices
- Assisting in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Administering, maintaining, and monitoring employee expenses system
- Maintaining and developing controls to support annual audit process
- Developing internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
- Maintaining and managing external Debtors/Intercompany information on a monthly basis
- Interest in learning about the inner workings of a fast-paced and growing business
- Commercial, analytical, and people skills
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We are looking for a highly organised individual to support the Financial Controller in the day to day running of the Finance department for Octopus Energy Services. You will be helping ensure that the information and support we provide to our Senior Management team is not only accurate but insightful.
This is a broad and diverse role that will present plenty of interesting challenges for the right person.
What you’ll do
- You will have the key responsibility for invoicing our key customers and validation of incoming invoices from our contractors and suppliers.
- Assist and support in preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Administer, Maintain and monitor employee expenses system.
- Maintain and develop controls to support annual audit process
- Develop internal and external relationships with key stakeholders to keep up to date with rapid business changes.
- Maintain and manage external Debtors/Intercompany information on a monthly basis
What you’ll need
- Great organisation skills, with a keen eye for details
- An interest in learning about the inner workings of a fast paced and growing business.
- Awesome commercial, analytical and people skills
- An advanced knowledge of MS Excel or similar software.
- You should ideally have experience, working in a commercial organisation in a similar role.
Why else you’ll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it’s something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don’t advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn’t apply to Octopus - what’s more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we’re voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.