Enterprise Risk Management Manager
Posted on 4/10/2023
Frisco, TX, USA
- 5+ years of experience in second line of defense Enterprise/Operational risk and governance roles
- Experience managing conference meetings with cross functional teams, effectively and efficiently communicating and driving engagement from the first line of defense
- Experience in banking and/or fintech industry
- Exceptional data visualization skills
- Experience mapping complex processes and identifying control points
- Knowledge of banking products, processes and regulations
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience with GRC systems
- Bachelor's degree
- Support the development, implementation, and ongoing management of SoFi's risk management framework including risk governance, risk identification, risk appetite, issue management/risk remediation, operational loss reporting, facilitating scenario analysis
- Support the development and maintenance of enterprise risk management policies, procedures, and standards
- Maintain the further development of governance tools and methodologies
- Develop and implement ERM training, communication and awareness programs and materials to drive risk governance program adoption and promote a strong risk management culture
- Evolve and drive the Issue Management process from Start to Finish ensuring alignment with Issue Management Procedure and Policy
- Ensure business units and Functions actively identify, document and resolve issues including determination of root cause, assess impact (including operational losses), and accompanying corrective actions are completed in a timely manner
- Assist in the recommendation of action plans to address control or policy gaps and monitor status of action plans until implemented
- Design, develop and monitor issue metrics for Senior Leadership on a consistent basis and confirm through quality assurance controls that Issues management is being performed according to Issue Management Procedure and Policy
- Provide guidance to the issue managers to ensure corrective action plans drive day-to-day progress against documented timeline and milestones
- Develop strong relationships with the business to act as a sound point of contact to consult when identifying and escalating issues and developing sound corrective action plans
- Keep abreast of the products and processes within the company and best practices for managing risks
- Partner with other second and third line of defense groups in the company to ensure governance programs, processes, tools and timelines are optimized
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through timely risk identification and sound corrective actions
- Provide guidance in the development and mapping of effective controls to mitigate risks
- Develop reporting and committee meeting materials, minutes and action items
- Lead special projects, risk management assessments and deep dive risk assessments across risk verticals
- Promote risk management across the organization by taking a key role in related projects
- Support the development of the enterprise's Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) system and assist with the buildout of the system's capabilities
- Stay current on applicable federal, state and industry laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Lender and financial services provider
SoFi’s mission is to help people reach financial independence to realize their ambitions.
- You’re taken care of. SoFi employees receive comprehensive health, vision, dental, life insurance, and disability benefits—as well as flexible time off, fitness, fertility, and family planning options.
- Realize your ambitions. We want to help our employees achieve financial freedom, just like our members. That’s why we contribute $200 per month toward your student loans to help pay down your debt—plus free financial classes.
- Never stop learning. We offer frequent training, mentorship opportunities, and leadership programs to develop our people. We also cover tuition costs for approved programs, up to $5,250 per year.
Company Core Values
- Put our members’ interests first.
- Run after problems.
- Embrace diversity. Everyone should feel welcome, included and able to contribute.
- Get to the truth and make principle-based decisions.
- Make your footprint bigger than your foot.
- Do the right thing. If you’re not sure, do the harder thing.
- Set ambitious goals, be gritty, be accountable.
- Take care of other people and help them grow.
- Iterate, learn, innovate.
- Be SoFi missionaries.
- …and don’t forget to smile.