San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -2%
2 year growth↓ -9%
- 3-5+ years of experience in operations, technology, consulting, strategy, business development, banking, analytics, high-growth or early-stage startup experience or related experience
- Develop the optimal strategy for best serving customers
- Lead strategic, multi-category projects
- Drive the growth of DoorDash’s new businesses
- Run tests and scale insights
- Assess the operational and financial impacts of decisions
- Comfortable operating at both high and low levels of detail
- Excels in new environments
- Comfortable with data analysis and SQL
- Talent for managing complex projects and converting insights into scalable processes
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top talent to play a pivotal role in growing our New Verticals Business in Australia and New Zealand! We are looking for someone who is excited about joining a fast-paced environment and driving our next wave of growth.
About the Role
We’re hiring a Senior Associate to focus on Affordability & Pricing to lead the strategy development and implementation of improved pricing structures in order to make the platform more affordable and accessible for New Verticals customers. You will use a significant degree of analytical thinking and quantitative analyses to drive growth and retention for the New Verticals team. We operate in a hybrid model, we prioritize getting our teams together in person once a quarter and you have the flexibility to work from home or the office on most days!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Lead and collaborate. This role will lean in on strategic, multi-category projects to ensure success during each quarter.
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over driving the growth of DoorDash’s next big businesses. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Experiment. Run tests and scale insights. Embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer. Growing a business in a competitive market will not be easy.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You’re unafraid of uncharted territory. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you excel in new environments.
- You like data. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling and modeling large datasets. You are excited to use (or learn) SQL in your role.
- You’re an operator. You have a talent for managing complex projects, converting high-level goals into action, and converting insights into scalable processes.
- You have 3-5+ years of experience in operations, technology, consulting, strategy, business development, banking, analytics, high-growth or early-stage startup experience or related experience.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.