Posted on 2/1/2022
Remote in USA
- Bachelor's degree in related field (business, marketing, engineering, etc.) preferred, other degrees such as Communication, Journalism, and English are acceptable
- 5+ years of related proposal preparation of which, at least 3 years experience in a government contracting environment
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and Adobe Creative Suite including In Design (Photoshop and Illustrator a plus)
- Strong understanding of marketing principles within the IT Industry
- Strong experience with designing marketing material is preferred
- Experience with Drop Box, Sharepoint, Govwin, Jira, Confluence preferred
- Previous experience with the creation, maintenance, and development of marketing and proposal databases is desired
- Experience and ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and possess strong organizational skills
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines
- Analyze the government solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and conducts proposal development research
- Develops & maintains a response schedule; prepares, leads/conducts/participates in meetings and reviews at all stages in the proposal (kick-off, planning and working sessions, team status calls, color team reviews, and lessons learned sessions)
- Develops win themes, best value proposition, and discriminators. Maintain focus on the win strategy throughout the proposal process and infuse that strategy and its resultant tactics effectively throughout the entire proposal
- Respond rapidly to RFP amendments and implement required changes to proposal
- Identify roles and responsibilities to the detail level; communicates data calls, tasks, and objectives clearly and unambiguously and ensures accountability on all requirements
- Proven experience guiding the proposal team, dispersing information and overseeing the production of all the parts of the proposal, making sure all the aesthetics and written content is on point
- Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling
- Comfortable with reviewing the work of the proposal team and returning the artifacts back with directions for any revisions, making sure everything is up to the standard before presenting it to clients
- Develop, format, organize, and assemble proposal deliverables including the proposal volumes, CDs, cover letters, and other attachments in a timely manner
- Prepare status reports and briefings for management
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement
- Engages management, technical leadership and staff in understanding and implementing capture management and proposal development best practices; provides on the job and just in time training accordingly to line staff, proposal writers and reviewers as needed
- Act as a liaison with the Contracts department if support in negotiating contracts is needed
- Establish short and long-term proposal objectives consistent with organizational strategy
- Participates in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies
- Attends industry functions, to generate new leads
- Assists in the development of other marketing tools such as brochures, company website, etc
- Two (2) or more years of experience developing responses to Federal opportunities (IDIQs, BPAs, RFQs, RFIs) including required sections (Technical Response/PWS, QASP, Conflict of Interest, Executive Summary, Management and Staffing)
- Ability to understand complex technical solutions and communicate with technical staff
- Flexible, able to work as an individual or on a team and have flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in an often stressful, deadline-oriented environment
- Experience with DoD/Military health is a plus
Digital services firm
Softrams' mission is to grow and continue to be a leading consulting and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package by providing options for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer 100% company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance and life insurance for the employee along with optional spousal and child life insurance.
- We offer a generous 401k program with matching employer contributions of up to 5%. Employees become fully vested 30 days after their start date.
- Everyone needs time to recharge and unwind which is why we provide an annual 15-day vacation and 5-day sick leave. We also provide additional maternity and parental leave, as well as bereavement leave.
- We are proud to share our in-house training application which provides unlimited access to training programs (AWS, Azure, SAFe etc). We offer rewards for completion of certificates and host internal brown bag sessions to ensure an environment of continuous learning. We have also launched a new “Yearn to Learn” initiative which provides recommended courses and certifications along with opportunities and incentives based on current role and future aspirations.
- We provide your choice of laptop – MacBook Pro or PC, along with any additional software you may need for your job. Our offices provide ergonomic desks with adjustable height powered by push button operation, with USB plugins conveniently mounted right at their desk (SmartDesk). Additionally, our offices have all new Zoom Rooms installed in each conference room to ensure quality communication and collaboration in a seamless and integrated manner.
- We have partnered with Teaching for Good to provide free virtual training and mentoring for anyone interested in enhancing their career or would like to acquire new competencies. We also hope to create the skills of our future workforce.
- The pandemic has shifted how companies engage with their employees. In addition to the annual company event, we have created new virtual events such as Virtual Birthday Cake Cutting, Trivia, Bingo and many more to emphasize we are one team.
Company Core Values
- Stand United: The current climate of divisive politics and ideologies reminds us of the importance of unifying values. At Softrams, we believe in equity and justice for all which makes us proud of our diversity.
- Provide Value: We take pride in our work and strive to provide exceptional digital services that are achieved through in-depth research, avant-garde creativity, and tenacious execution.
- Transform Digital Landscape: With our client partnerships, we aim to make a difference in how technology shapes our world. We co-create new possibilities for how work is managed.