San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -8%
2 year growth↑ 9%
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience collaborating with distributed teams in distant time zones
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in building and scaling platforms and distributed systems
- Drive sprint planning, resource allocations, tradeoffs, and prioritization conversations
- Collaborate with Product managers, cross-functional engineering teams, designers, and analysts
- Participate in quarterly planning and work closely with peers and teams
- Provide tailored coaching, feedback, and mentoring for Engineers
- Manage on-call processes to respond to performance and reliability issues
- Establish best practices for coordinating escalation to resolve issues and minimize risks
- Demonstrate humility to admit mistakes, grow from failures, and build a culture of continuous improvement
- Good communication skills
- Experience leveraging observability and tracking tools for decision-making
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Partner Interfaces group at Affirm builds the APIs and webhooks that power all of Affirm’s integrations with merchants and partners. The Partner Interfaces sub-team represents the portion of this group that manages partners - large customers such as Shopify that themselves manage multiple merchants. Its job is to create and manage the APIs and other tools that power the experience in the websites of those partners, such as checkout and merchant onboarding, as well as orchestrate the end-to-end integration solution for them.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to join us and help lead this team. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of the merchant network.
What you’ll do
- Drive sprint planning, resource allocations, tradeoffs, and prioritization conversations with business and technical stakeholders to define epics in Jira and manage the quality of deliverables to production.
- Collaborate with Product managers, cross-functional engineering teams, designers, and analysts to define product roadmap and execute a plan to build practical technology capabilities.
- Participate in quarterly planning and work closely with peers and teams to remove impediments, articulate tradeoffs, and garner resources.
- Provide tailored coaching, feedback, and mentoring for Engineers and inspire a team of full-stack engineers.
- Manage on-call processes to respond to performance and reliability issues.
- Establish best practices for coordinating escalation to resolve issues and minimize risks.
- Demonstrate humility to admit mistakes, grow from failures, and build a culture of continuous improvement.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or a related technical discipline and good communication skills.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience and ideal experience collaborating with distributed teams in distant time zones.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams, including Product, Design, Analytics, and Business.
- Demonstrated experience in building and scaling platforms and distributed systems that require high availability, resilience, and meeting stringent SLO objectives is required.
- The ability to leverage observability and tracking tools to gather data for informed decision-making is required.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Pay Grade - CAN31
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.