Rockwell Automation is a global technology leader focused on helping the world’s manufacturers be more productive, sustainable, and agile. With more than 25,000 employees who make the world better every day, we know we have something special. Behind our customers - amazing companies that help feed the world, provide life-saving medicine on a global scale, and focus on clean water and green mobility - our people are energized problem solvers that take pride in how the work we do changes the world for the better.
We welcome all makers, forward thinkers, and problem solvers who are looking for a place to do their best work. And if that’s you we would love to have you join us!
Rockwell Automation is the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information. We make our customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs more than 22,000 people and serves customers in more than 80 countries. Our products consist of controllers, motors, drives, panels and software used to automatically operate and control the production of goods. These goods consist of everyday products that we all use, such as clothing, food, and cars. This position is within the Software and Control Business, which develops software products that enable industrial automation.
We’re looking for a talented User Experience Researcher to inform amazing experiences on our Data, Edge and Analytics team. The ideal candidate should have a passion for understanding users, an interest in solving complex problems, and the ability to collaborate across teams. You will join a small but mighty team focused on our data, Edge, analytics, and AI products.
Research shows that underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they believe they meet all listed qualifications. We welcome all applicants, regardless of perceived qualifications. We look forward to receiving your application!
- Pursue an understanding of users, their goals, environments, and pain points. Apply this knowledge to drive improvements in designs and increase user satisfaction in our products.
- Be responsible for conducting the right research methodologies at the right time.
- Own end-to-end planning and execution of research studies.
- Help identify gaps in our knowledge and develop a plan for addressing them.
- Clearly communicate research and test results convincingly and without bias. Communicate results to colleagues, product teams, and executives.
- Help develop and track meaningful metrics related to user research and the usability of systems and products.
- Improve, standardize, and institutionalize user research and test methods.
- Learn, evaluate and recommend new tools and methods to support the work of the User Experience Design Team.
- Keep informed of industrial automation trends and competitive software product offerings.
- Learn and understand basic industrial automation control system concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis on UX, design research, human factors, psychology, social science or another relevant field preferred.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Co-op or internship within software development group, with experience in user research or interaction design.
- Familiar with a variety of research methodologies, when to apply them, and when to make tradeoffs
- Proficiency using modern research tools such as UserZoom®, Dovetail®, and Microsoft Bookings ® for recruiting and testing.
- Ability to deliver impactful and clear UX design research in a way that drives user and business outcomes
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate collaborative sessions and workshops to plan, execute and synthesize research
- Familiar with agile project management and how UX research functions within it
The base salary compensation range for this role is $63,040- $78,800 USD with an annual target bonus of 5% of base salary. Our company benefits can be found at raquickfind.com
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor for position level and compensation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.