6 month growth↑ 5%
1 year growth↑ 15%
2 year growth↑ 43%
- Minimum six (6) years of professional experience in Android development (Kotlin, Java)
- Experience with SQLite or other relational databases, gRPC and/or REST
- Strong fundamentals including algorithms & data structures
- Developing new user-facing features in the Android app using Kotlin
- Applying best practices and architectural patterns such as MVVM
- Ensuring that code is tested and reusable with an 'offline first' mindset
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams including iOS, Web, and Backend Engineers, Product Manager, and Designer
- Participating in Android platform leadership, crafting best practices, and providing mentorship to Junior Engineers
As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
onX is growing! If you do not see a job posted on our career page that fits your skillset and you would like us to have your information on file for future Senior Android Engineering opportunities, please complete our application process here. Be sure to let us know in your application and cover letter why you want to work for onX, how you share our values, and what skills you have to offer!
This general application will not serve as a substitute for an official job application for a position posted on our employment site. Therefore, please also check back periodically for specific job openings and to submit an official job application for your position of interest if and/or when there is an opening.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ONX SENIOR ANDROID ENGINEER LOOKS LIKE:
- Developing new user-facing features in our Android app using Kotlin, applying best practices and architectural patterns such as MVVM and ensuring that code is tested and reusable with an "offline first" mindset to establish usability and maintain performance with or without service.
- Collaborating with your cross-functional team that would include iOS, Web and Backend Engineers as well as a Product Manager and Designer.
- Participate in Android platform leadership, crafting best practices and providing mentorship to Junior Engineers.
AS A SENIOR ANDROID ENGINEER, YOU:
- Have a minimum six (6) years of professional experience, where Android development (Kotlin, Java) was your professional focus for four (4) or more years.
- Must have worked on an app that has been released to the Google Play Store, either as an individual or member of a team.
- Have experience with SQLite or other relational databases, gRPC and/or REST, as well as strong fundamentals including algorithms & data structures.
WHERE TEAM MEMBERS ARE LOCATED
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can be performed from one of the following locations:
Corporate Offices: onX’s was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
Basecamps: onX’s Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Kalispell, MT; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
Talent Clusters: onX’s Talent Cluster locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
Our current Talent Clusters are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customerfirst.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curiousand seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!