Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We build robots that find other robots and knock them out of the sky. At a time when air superiority can no longer be taken for granted, the Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (CUAS) team provides mission critical capabilities to warfighters. From detection to tracking, identification, deterrence, and defeat, our family of networked sensors and effectors enables our customers to rapidly close the kill chain against a broad range of UAS threats. Working across product, engineering, sales, logistics, operations, and mission success, the CUAS team develops, tests, deploys, and sustains the Anduril CUAS Family of Systems (FoS) in challenging operational environments worldwide.
As the Product Manager–Operator Experience within the CUAS Team, you will develop a deep understanding of and credibility with Anduril’s CUAS technology, our customers and their missions, as well as thorough knowledge of the broader Air Defense problem space. With this understanding, you will drive key components of the CUAS roadmap for Anduril’s LatticeOS in partnership with engineers and designers, while also working closely with CUAS Mission Operations Engineers to ensure the platform meets the operational needs of our customers’ missions.
- Proactively communicate product goals to stakeholders and manage expectations for delivery. You escalate large trade offs and necessary decision points as needed. You are able to work effectively with many internal teams (business development, mission operations, proposals, marketing, compliance) and leads to communicate product capabilities internally and externally. You actively participate in large-scale customer demos.
Solution discovery and validation
- You will identify potential features that will accelerate Anduril’s goals, increase our ability to quickly scale, and create an excellent user experience. To do this, you will seek out real-world context in the form of onsite user research, internal expert feedback, existing product data, and industry tech investigation. You will capture core workflows and translate these user needs into well-scoped requirements and success hypotheses.
Problem discovery and validation
- You lead with data - defining and monitoring key metrics to measure success and prove out or disprove hypotheses. You author problem statements, product hypotheses and roadmaps with conviction, and honestly and regularly revisit to ensure we are meeting the mission needs.
- You will set clear outcomes for your portfolio in partnership with your engineering, design, and business partners. You will support team structures that allow prioritization of competing work within rapid development cycles. You consistently your team flex to adapt goals when needed, based on new information.
- You work hands-on to deliver new capabilities across the lifecycle of the product, from initial release and onboarding, through day-to-day improvements. You will validate and experiment along the way, acting as the voice of the user throughout.
- Two to five years in software product development, with at least 1 year specifically in a hands-on product management capacity for an operational, production software implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical comfort
- Demonstrated success decomposing a problem into addressable component parts
- Proven ability to motivate cross functional teams to do their best work
- Comfort working with data and complex analyses
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Must be eligible for a US Government security clearance
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education
- A deep enough understanding of basic front-end and back-end web technologies to consider capabilities and limitations
- Experience with or interest in working with visual design tools to communicate ideas
- 2+ years experience product management / product ownership for a highly operational production software implementation
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!