San Jose, California
6 month growth↓ -5%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 50%
- Experience in K-12 teaching/administration or as an EdTech SDR
- Previous sales or cold-calling experience
- Strong understanding of K-12 buying cycles and decision-making processes
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Build long-term business relationships with key K-12 school district personas
- Engage in cold calling to start long-term business relationships
- Create targeted marketing outreach to K-12 school districts
- Schedule appointments for account executives
- Develop client call lists through research and collaboration
- Collaborate closely with account executives
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor in all interactions
- Utilize SalesForce, Outreach.io, and other tools to accurately document information
- Desire to grow into a quota-carrying sales role
Join our award-winning team at Securly, where we’ve saved over 2,000 student lives with our cutting-edge SaaS EdTech solutions! Recognized as the EdTech Product of the Year for three consecutive years and named a Top Place to Work for three years running, we’re seeking a passionate and experienced Senior Sales Development Representative (SDR) with a background in K-12 teaching and sales to help drive our mission forward.
As a Sales Development Representative, you’ll report to the Sales Development Manager and play a crucial role in setting up over 20 meetings per month for our account executives. Your focus will be on engaging K-12 school districts, introducing them to our innovative products, and building lasting relationships to expand Securly’s presence in the market.
This is a fully remote role.
What You Will Do:
- Seek to build a long-term business relationship with key K-12 school district personas in technology, student services, and other departments
- Engage a strong work and desire to reach out to 50+ prospects daily with a cold call to start a long-term business relationship
- Create targeted marketing outreach to K-12 school districts, showcasing our solutions
- Leverage your understanding of the K-12 environment and relationship-building skills to schedule 20+ appointments monthly for account executives
- Develop client call lists through research and collaboration with the marketing and account executive teams.
- Collaborate closely with account executives, mastering our product range and regional sales strategies.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor in all interactions, representing Securly with integrity.
- Utilize SalesForce, Outreach.io, and other tools to accurately document information.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience in K-12 teaching/administration or as an EdTech SDR.
- Previous sales or cold-calling experience.
- Strong understanding of K-12 buying cycles and decision-making processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Desire to grow into a quota-carrying sales role.
Compensation will be $65,000 base salary + 35k in commissions = $100K total expected annualized earnings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Securly, Inc.
- Recognized as Top Place to Work 3 years in a row
- Product of the three years in a row
- Securly One Page
- 45-second cloud product demo
Innovation - Our innovative products and talented people have;
- Established Securly in over 20% of the US market and growing rapidly internationally
- Implemented Securly into 20,000+ schools
- Monitored more than 10+ billion online activities
- Revolutionized student wellness and school safety for more than 10+ million children
- Saved the lives of more than 2000+ children
Some of the Perks
- Company-sponsored medical benefits, including a comprehensive benefit package that includes an EAP and mental health resources
- Recognized as Top Place to Work for multiple years in a row
- Unlimited Vacation (Flex Time)
- Annual $1,000 Employee Professional Development Stipend
- Holiday Break - closed the week between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Hours - close at 1 PM local time every Friday
- Remote Work
- Virtual Happy hours
- 401k with employer match