Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we exist to unlock every company’s potential to thrive by doing what’s good for people and planet. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for Trust Intelligence.
OneTrust is looking for an experienced Director, Executive & Equity Compensation to help build a world-class experience for our employees. If you’re a self-motivated, goal-oriented, professional who is passionate about offering and administering a best-in-class executive and global equity programs, and if you thrive on working in a fast-paced category leading company, then this is the role you want. Bring your proven track record and solid working knowledge of executive compensation design, administration, and compliance.
In this role, you will be responsible for the enterprise-wide executive compensation and global equity compensation functions, including providing leadership and functional expertise for broad based equity compensation and executive compensation plans and programs. You will partner closely with our finance, legal and stock plan administration teams to ensure competitive, compliant and scalable programs. This role will develop and prepare all required disclosures and materials for the compensation committee in close collaboration with the VP, Total Rewards and the Chief People Officer. You’ll work with a high-energy, entrepreneurial team that is building an organization that will scale with OneTrust’s hyper growth. If you are looking for a position in which no two days are the same, teams work together quickly and urgently to solve issues, and where we love working together every day, then buckle up – this could be the role for you.
- Lead executive compensation, including executive benchmarking, salary increase and long-term incentives.
- Develop equity ownership guidelines, executive severance and other executive policies and programs.
- Manage stock option forecasts and grant approval process with cross-functional teams, including finance, legal and stock administration teams.
- Partner closely with the head of total rewards, chief people officer to develop and prepare compensation committee materials, including agenda, analysis, reports and presentations.
- Play a key role in IPO readiness initiatives such as leading data analysis and disclosures for S-1 filings and proxy statements.
- Create trainings and communications to educate and support programs.
- Review plan design of our compensation and equity programs to ensure competitiveness, compliance and that they are fit for purpose at OneTrust.
- Consult with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team and Hiring Managers to build competitive offer packages for key strategic executive hires.
- Build models to test and refine executive incentive plans under various business scenarios and present findings to senior management. Partner with our sales compensation team for commissioned executives.
- Comply with US federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising on required actions.
- Create globally aligned and locally competitive programs in the US, EMEA & APAC in conjunction with local leaders and people team members.
- Leads benefits budgeting process, tracks spending and ensures all costs are accounted for a reconciled.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ of progressive compensation experience and 7+ years’ experience leading executive compensation with a proven track record of success.
- Proven ability to function as a subject matter expert, developing and implementing process improvement and technical solutions that enhance efficiencies and performance.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Detail oriented; demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills. Excellent fluency with data and analysis.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the company that built the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people: