Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Verkada’s most adored teams, the Workplace team, and play a key role in ensuring an exceptional office experience to all the employees at our headquarters in San Mateo. As the Workplace Operations Manager, you will lead the Workplace Operations team who are responsible for the overall day to day management of our office and provide operational support with a focus on customer service. If you are someone who thrives in a fast paced, ever evolving environment, and takes pride in having a growth (and development) mindset, this role is for you! You will report into the Senior Manager of the Workplace team and interact with just about everyone in the office. This role is an in office role and you will be required to be in the office 5 days/week.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, manage and mentor members of the Workplace team and create meaningful career pathways to ensure retention and growth.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees by managing requests & facilitating a positive office experience.
- Facilitate the management of an ongoing delightful employee experience by providing operational support and maintaining the general organization and aesthetic of the physical office spaces.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing the current Workplace programs (ex: mailroom operations, internal events, etc.)
- Support Office Operations Manager in vendor management and relations.
- Build an active relationship with business partners and teams to assess team allocations and occupancy needs as well as conference room usage.
- Oversee company wide workplace tickets via Zendesk.
- Receive, assess, and solve any office related security issues .
- Partner with the Construction & Planning team, as well as the EAs to manage ongoing seating strategy.
- Partner with Construction & Planning team on facility maintenance and improvements.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a college university.
- 5+ years of relevant workplace experience in a corporate setting.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team or related project management experience.
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service through human connection and ongoing operations support.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across cross functional departments.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and are able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects, and ever-changing business needs.
- Ability to demonstrate composure and humility while working with internal partners and external vendors.
- High level of professionalism and even higher attention to detail.
- A growth mindset & are self motivated.Ability to work hard and have fun in the process; we are a fun team and truly enjoy coming to work everyday.
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $90,000 – 170,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.