About the team:
At Sift, we enhance trust and safety in the digital world with our AI-driven technology platform. Our products deliver payment protection, ensure content integrity, protect account defense, and manage payment disputes for businesses worldwide. Sift provides consumer-facing companies an end-to-end solution that reduces revenue lost to chargebacks using a holistic dispute management system, powered by machine learning, and which also helps businesses unlock potential revenue.
The Dispute Management engineering team handles all data integrations in Sift’s Dispute Management business. This team is responsible for all incoming and outgoing data integrations, and ingesting streams of customer data to be used in the dispute process.
What we’re looking for:
As a senior software engineer, you will work closely with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to deliver projects on time and mentor engineers on the team. You are an experienced engineer who has built scalable distributed systems, and have a solid understanding of both application design and common ETL architectures. You are equally adept at understanding concurrency problems as you are at just getting things done.
What you’ll do:
- Get Sift done. Work closely on a cross functional team to ship great code regularly.
- Win as one team. Work collaboratively with other bright minded engineers on a cross functional team.
- Ever better. Be proud of your skills and talents, but alway be willing to learn something new, accept feedback, or welcome a new opinion.
- Take end-to-end ownership. Our engineers build, deploy and maintain their code
- Gather responsibility. Lead out to make meaningful contributions to a product designed to make the internet safe for everyone
- Be nice. Work is better with great people.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby with or without Rails
- A passion for scalable, 24x7 backend web services
- Love for clean, maintainable code
- Experience with Postgres, RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, Docker and AWS
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of accountability
- You thrive in ambiguous environments where you get to work directly with stakeholders and make decisions that have a huge impact on the business
- You value being part of a great team and realize that being positive and helpful is as valuable as having great skill. At Sift “We win as one team”
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Math, Engineering, Hard science(s), or comparable industry experience
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
The anticipated starting on-target salary range for this role can be found below. This role may also be eligible for equity and other benefits. Sift takes into account many factors in determining compensation, including level, location, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, the pay range / final offer may change or be modified in the future.
On-target salary range
Let’s Build It Together
At Sift, we are intentionally building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity drives innovation, equity is a fundamental right, and inclusion is a basic human need. We envision a place where all Sifties feel secure sharing their authentic selves and diverse experiences with their teams, their customers, and their community – ultimately using this empowerment and authenticity to build trust and create a safer Internet.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy