Network Engineer II
Updated on 3/29/2023
Woodridge, IL, USA
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another related field
- 4+ years of experience in a networking role
- CCNA/ Juniper or related associate level certificate for vendors
- Experience with Juniper
- Experience with BGP
- Familiarity of Cisco, and FortiGate
- Familiarity with wireless controllers and Access points
- Familiarity with general Linux commands
- Experience with troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mentorship experience
- 5-6+ years of experience in a networking role, preferred
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, preferred
- Familiarity with scripting languages, preferred
- Certifications and proficiency in Juniper, Cisco, and FortiGate, preferred
- Make configuration changes in the firewalls, routers and switches
- Troubleshoot issues using debugging tools such as, Wireshark, etc
- Review network system to identify where and when patches are needed
- Attend team meetings to present status update and progress reports
- Conduct calls with customers to understand customer requirements to be implemented or altered in the network
- Develop documentation for each project, including creating vision diagrams
- Investigate and escalate outages to appropriate teams
- Review and respond to requests on Jira tickets
- Schedule maintenance windows
- Research industry trends and new best practices to develop technical skills, including updating certificates annually
Carrier-grade multi-channel communication solutions provider
At Vail they develop innovative technology to enhance the way people communicate. Their mission is to create business value for their clients and growth opportunities for their employees by developing solutions that inspire people to interact freely and authentically.
- Health - When you work hard, it’s important to stay healthy. Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance options to keep you healthy and happy.
- Financial/Savings - We pride ourselves with rewarding great work with great compensation. Plan ahead with our 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match. Take advantage of our pre-tax transit program to save money from parking to train tickets.
- Work/Life Balance - With flexible work hours, open workspaces, casual office attire, and employee outings, it’s easy to work hard, play hard, and enjoy a balanced lifestyle.
- Vacation - We believe that time away from the office is important, and key to employees’ satisfaction and productivity at work. With a generous accrual of vacation in addition to holidays, our team members can take off the time they need to come back revitalized.
- Wellness - We encourage an active lifestyle by providing memberships to gyms near each of our office locations. We also host periodic wellness events and keep our office kitchens stocked with yummy, healthy snacks!
- Have Some Fun! - We encourage employees to engage with each other outside of their teams. We sponsor runners in the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge, the annual Vail Ringers softball team, and have a group training for the Chicago Triathalon, as well as host book clubs, hackathons and game nights.
Company Core Values
- We cultivate long-term client relationships
- We solve business problems with innovative, solution-appropriate technologies
- We appreciate individuality, encourage collaboration and foster employee growth