Director of Sales
Posted on 2/13/2024
Civic engagement platform for public sector communication.
Granicus stands out as a leading civic engagement platform, serving over 5,500 government agencies and 300 million citizens globally, demonstrating its competitive advantage in scale and reach. The company's comprehensive cloud-based solutions, including communication tools, website design, meeting management software, and digital services, streamline interactions between governments and residents, fostering stronger relationships. Granicus' commitment to simplifying government-citizen interactions and disseminating critical information positions it as a key player in enhancing community engagement and driving meaningful change.
Data & Analytics
Government & Public Sector
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 5%
1 year growth↑ 19%
2 year growth↑ 62%
Remote in USA
Sales & Account Management
- Proven experience in sales management
- Ability to meet sales financial objectives
- Experience in recruiting and managing a sales team
- Knowledge of sales operations and strategic planning
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in selling enterprise software, ERP, SaaS, or marketing services
- Familiarity with IT, Information Services, or Business Services
- Understanding of security and privacy requirements
- Forecasting sales requirements and preparing an annual budget
- Recruiting, training, and managing a sales team
- Contributing to strategic plans and reviews
- Creating and implementing sales plans and quotas
- Maintaining and expanding customer base
- Updating job knowledge and completing related results
- Experience in selling to State and Local government entities
- Track record of C-Level sales activity
- Experience in selling through partners, resellers, and/or integrators
Serving the People Who Serve the People
Granicus is driven by the excitement of building, implementing, and maintaining technology that is transforming the Govtech industry by bringing governments and its constituents together. We are on a mission to support our customers with meeting the needs of their communities and implementing our technology in ways that are equitable and inclusive. Granicus has consistently appeared on the GovTech 100 list over the past 5 years and has been recognized as the best companies to work on BuiltIn.
Over the last 25 years, we have served 5,500 federal, state, and local government agencies and more than 300 million citizen subscribers power an unmatched Subscriber Network that use our digital solutions to make the world a better place. With comprehensive cloud-based solutions for communications, government website design, meeting and agenda management software, records management, and digital services, Granicus empowers stronger relationships between government and residents across the U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. By simplifying interactions with residents, while disseminating critical information, Granicus brings governments closer to the people they serve—driving meaningful change for communities around the globe.
Want to know more? See more of what we do here.
The Director of Sales is responsible for managing a team of account executives and account managers charged with sales to State or Local prospects and customers.
What your impact will look like:
- Meet sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Accomplish sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned territory; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions, planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Achieve territory sales operational objectives by contributing relevant sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining sales system improvements; implementing change
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota in support of national objectives
- Maintain and expand customer base by counseling account executives and account managers; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks
- Accomplish sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed
You will love this job if you have:
- Confident, competitive, thorough, flexible, and tenacious
- Proven to be capable of managing a team of 8-12 sales people
- Capable of coaching a selling team responsible for $100K+ deals as part of a diverse sales pipeline
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Excited about managing multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Independently accountable for commitments and delivering the best performance by intelligent prioritization
- Proven in your ability and passion for managing prospecting activity volume and related metrics
- Passion for public sector success
- Client focus - the desire and ability to understand the drivers of client needs
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Significant accomplishments selling enterprise software, ERP, SaaS, Marketing/Communications technology, or marketing services
- Success selling to State and Local government entities
- Impressive track record of C-Level sales activity
- Demonstrated effectiveness selling through partners, resellers, and/or integrators
- 3+ years of field sales management experience in IT, Information Services, or Business Services and 8+ years of total field sales experience
Security and Privacy Requirements
·Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company’s information security program.
·Responsible for ensuring the data privacy of our employees and customers, their data, as well as taking all required privacy training in a timely manner, in accordance with company policies.
Don’t have all the skills/experience mentioned above? At Granicus, we are trying to build diverse, inclusive teams. We do not have degree requirements for most of our roles. If you don’t meet every requirement above but are excited to learn more, we encourage you to apply. We might just be able to find another role that could be a perfect fit!
- We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed workforce across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, India, Armenia, Australia, and New Zealand.
- At Granicus, we are building a transparent, inclusive, and safe space for everyone who wants to be
a part of our journey.
- A few culture highlights include – Employee Resource Groups to encourage diverse voices
- Coffee with Mark sessions – Our employees get to interact with our CEO on very important and
sometimes difficult issues ranging from mental health to work-life balance and current affairs.
- Microsoft Teams communities focused on wellness, art, furbabies, family, parenting, and more.-=- - We bring in special guests from time to time to discuss issues that impact our employee
- We are proud to serve dynamic organizations around the globe that use our digital solutions to make the world a better place — quite literally. We have so many powerful success stories that illustrate how our solutions are impacting the world. See more of our impact here.
At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.